Pick #16 - DT Byron Murphy

CactusJack

Reaction score
Three techniques who can make an impact like Murphy are a much higher commodity than those other two that we're mentioned. Because there aren't too many of them around.

Turner is also still somewhat a work in progress.

Grabbing Haynes in the 3rd round justifies passing on Fautanu.

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
Won't the first round picks be flown in the next day including a press conference?
Cross 2 years ago and Witherspoon + JSN last year too.
Other teams already had their 1st round picks there. Why not us this year? Does anyone know that?

CPHawk

Reaction score
There was a huge cliff at a lot of positions after about #20. John would have been trading down into a desert. And there's no way Murphy would have lasted past #19.
I doubt many in the Seahawks FO were interested in watching the rams have another stud DL for the next decade, when we could have that guy instead

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
On the pick vs trade down debate, I can't remember who it was but it reminds me of a podcaster saying this once in that debate "you know what's better than getting more picks? Getting good players!"
On the contrary, NFL games are decided by the head coaches walking up to a folding table at the 50-yard line and comparing how many draft picks they have next year. Higher count wins the game.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score

Looks like Murphy is/was a Steelers fan growing up since there is that Steelers banner right above that doorway.

Wonder if Murphy will take down that banner and look at the Steelers weirdly now….hahahaha.

Also, with that being said, the Steelers probably also asked Fautanu to do the same….lol

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
On the pick vs trade down debate, I can't remember who it was but it reminds me of a podcaster saying this once in that debate "you know what's better than getting more picks? Getting good players!"
Yeah, but higher picks don't guarantee better players, especially when volume is considered.

About half the time a picks-only trade happens, the team trading up doesn't select the best player in the trade. This is why trading down is generally advisable within reason.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Looks like Murphy is/was a Steelers fan growing up since there is that Steelers banner right above that doorway.

Wonder if Murphy will take down that banner and look at the Steelers weirdly now….hahahaha.
🫣😬

That is pretty awkward as a rookie...

12AngryHawks

Reaction score

Coming this summer, Murphy II: The Reckoning.
He's back! And this time...he's pissed!

He's so brutal, he's got football fans talking...

"Every time I go to sleep, I see him" - Kyler Hanashan

"Excuse me, I have to go change pants...again" - Shawn McVayDermott

This film is not yet rated. Because he is not a film, he's a person, and the MPAA does not rate people. This post is the sole opinion of the author, and not in any way endorsed by the MPAA.

calinator

Reaction score
Speaking of Marcus Tubbs it reminds me that I was sad that we didn't pick up Vince Wilfork where NE snagged him just 2 picks ahead. Wilfork ended up making 5 pro bowls. How sad......