Pick #118 - LB Tyrice Knight

12forlife

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm patient. If Mac wants Tyrice Knight, I welcome him making me look stupid. I can't argue with his track record at LB. I'm just posting my own thoughts, and they should be seen as the thoughts of an amateur follower of the sport. I don't think I know more than literally any of these dudes who do this for a living.

I couldn't effectively HC a high school team. I'm not one of the dudes here who actually thinks he knows better than the coaches and evaluators who've reached the pinnacle of the sport.

Mac should get whatever he wants at LB, and I'm totally gonna let him see it through for a few years before I even think of reaching for an internet torch and pitchfork.
Awww hell man we all have our opinions, and your exactly right, I can't wait to see the team in '26, interesting to see how they shape this team. So far I like what I see. In the same note I don't see myself as pro evaluator, and we don't get all the background on these guys like the coaches & scouts, but damnit my eye test more times then not is pretty close to what the player becomes in the pros. More times then not you can see and feel who has what it takes to make it in the NFL by watching college games, different story judging smaller school prospects of course.

GemCity

Reaction score
Dodson and Baker are two starting caliber LBs. Knight doesn't need to start right away.
True. I’m still worried about our LBs but there’s only so much one can do in a single draft with limited picks.

I know Wagz was bad in coverage but, it will be a test to match his and Brooks production (at least initially).

Imo, LB is our weakest link on D. I think I read that JS didn’t expect to lose Brooks (I might be wrong here).

Maybe MM will have them balling tho…

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
True. I’m still worried about our LBs but there’s only so much one can do in a single draft with limited picks.

I know Wagz was bad in coverage but, it will be a test to match his and Brooks production (at least initially).

Imo, LB is our weakest link on D. I think I read that JS didn’t expect to lose Brooks (I might be wrong here).

Maybe MM will have them balling tho…
I remember JS saying he didn’t expect to lose Brooks which I think is BS, if he really wanted Brooks he would have signed him before free agency

toffee

Reaction score
I remember JS saying he didn’t expect to lose Brooks which I think is BS, if he really wanted Brooks he would have signed him before free agency
Schneider was basically saying he didn't expect Brooks to generate interest from other teams, he was letting Brooks be slighted by teams and return to negotiation with his tail between legs. I suspect that Schneider was indeed surprised at how quickly Brooks found a new team and signed without giving him a chance to match.

A case of you win some, you lose some.

Last edited:

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
I Also feel that we've been week at LB now for 2 yrs, I was really hoping we would have tried to get a Lb. We will struggle at Lb this again unfortunately.

seabowl

Reaction score
I bet they wanted the LB from NC State Payton Wilson with their first pick in round 4 but the Stealers took him a few picks earlier. Big miss!

sutz

Reaction score
I suspect a lot of our "weakness" at LB had to do with our D-line. We added Williams and now Murphy over the last two seasons. Perhaps that will help out a bit. ;)

Hawknight

Reaction score
I suspect a lot of our "weakness" at LB had to do with our D-line. We added Williams and now Murphy over the last two seasons. Perhaps that will help out a bit. ;)
Man I hope so..if not...we be in lots of trouble

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Schneider was basically saying he didn't expect Brooks to generate interest from other teams, he was letting Brooks be slighted by teams and then return to negotiation with his tail between his legs. I suspect that Schneider was indeed surprised at how quickly Brooks found a new team and signed without giving him a chance to match.

A case of you win some, you lose some.
What I remember is JS saying is Williams' deal was necessarily first and that Brooks was his next priority... but Williams' negotiations bogged down allowing MIA to swoop in and seduce Brooks before JS could get back to him.

BASF

Reaction score
It is weird looking at his measurables against Trotter Jr. They are pretty much even in everything. Trotter Jr has a couple of percentage points better shuttle time, but weighed less at the combine, which may account for that. Several people wanted us to draft Trotter Jr, but on NFL Draftbuzz they graded his tackling at 66%, which is vomit inducing. The biggest knock on Knight is that he had trouble locating the ball against the run, but two of his strenghs go out of their way to praise his instincts. If he was the son of a hall of famer and went to a power five school, no one woud call him a reach.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Piggybacking off of @CactusJack this excerpt is from the website:

Tyrice Knight, LB, Seattle Seahawks

Drafted: Round 4 (No. 118)

It didn't take long for the new Seattle Seahawks coach, Mike Macdonald, to replicate a situation similar to the one he had in Baltimore. The Seahawks added Byron Murphy II in the first round and multiple tough-nosed defenders across the defense in free agency. Along with Leonard Williams, Dre'Mont Jones and Jarran Reed, this is a menacing defensive line.

This is great news for linebackers Jerome Baker and Tyrice Knight. Knight, a fourth-round rookie from UTEP, has the edge to win the weak-side inside linebacker job next to Baker. He totaled 390 tackles, 32 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks and 16 pass breakups over four seasons in college.

His production was impressive, but his impact became especially noticeable in 2023. His instincts and technique in defending the run improved considerably. Now, working behind a unit that will keep blockers off his body, Knight can fill the void left by Jordyn Brooks.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't believe most people thought much about KJ Wright or Bobby Wagner prior to them becoming Seahawk draft choices. Yet they ended up with solid to great career on the field. Hopefully, Tyrice Knight has a similar path in his career. We'll soon find out.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I bet they wanted the LB from NC State Payton Wilson with their first pick in round 4 but the Stealers took him a few picks earlier. Big miss!
There has been speculation since the draft the Hawks had Wilson on the do not draft list due to medicals. It’s been reported he has no ACL in one of his knees