Pick #106, Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Smellyman":3pxhl0uf said:

I think he's going to be a great complement to Baldwin. Most of those highlights are downfield big plays, but his ypc indicates he made plenty short and intermediate plays as well. The TD against Lattimore was great. When Kearse was at his very best, Darboh will be that on a consistent basis. 50-60 catches as a WR2/3. Maybe even better. He's a gamer, looks tough as nails mentally and keeps focus on the ball. Body control/athleticism is nice. Dig it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Okay, I am not going to lie, I was a little concerned about our Wr corp, that video makes me feel much better. This guy could be a stud,

chris98251

Reaction score
His deep routes were against College guys, we have Lockett and Richardson that will run most of those, we don't throw crossing routes, we may use him in the seam or on a out route or an occasional out and up, he adjusts well to the ball and his catch radiance looks really good and he also looks like a more hand catcher then one that uses his body which extends his ability to make catches away or reaches.

olyfan63

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2yf1uk33 said:
olyfan63":2yf1uk33 said:
I don't see the Sidney Rice comparison directly; this guy looks sturdier than Rice. Rice was a fragile stringbean. Maybe a hybrid of Sidney Rice with slightly less wingspan and Jermaine Kearse with a little more ability to get separation from DBs.

I shivered when I read this.

Why? Rice had some huge plays for Seattle before his body failed him. (like the OT game in Chicago where Rice's TD won it, I think Wilson's rookie year, and Rice got KO'ed while making the catch) Kearse has had some of the biggest plays in Seattle history, 4th and 7 in NFCCG vs 49ers, and sudden-death game winning TD vs Packers in NFCCG, and SB 49 miracle catch, an unfinished symphony.

I don't really see much similarity to Rice other than large catch radius, due to different body types and Rice's too-fragile-for-the-NFL body type="Not For Long". Much more in common with Kearse, sort of Kearse at his best with consistency, at least I hope that's what we see the first year.

I don't watch much of other NFL teams unless they are playing the Seahawks, so I'm sure there are better comparisons from around the NFL, like the Davonte Adams comparison (I don't know his game). I'd be satisfied with a Josh Gordon type of production without the off-field issues, but again, I don't know. Larry Fitzgerald, now that would be a type of outcome I'd be super happy to see from Darboh as he develops.

No question Darboh was a better "Keep" choice than Kasen Williams.

And thank you to the astute posters who pointed out the Harbaugh's receivers connections. Baldwin and Sherman are pretty awesome. The WR training Sherman got during his college "lovefest" with Harbaugh is no doubt a big part of his success as an NFL corner, knowing exactly what the receivers will be doing.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Hawkscanner":3342lk90 said:
[youtube]jIXtQ1Ngiu8[/youtube]

And now that he's healthy again, I envision that he will be making those same kinds of plays for Russell Wilson and crew as well.

Allow me to grub on a Thanksgiving sized plate of Crow. Somebody pass ya' Playa potna the Sriracha!

I was type salty when we cut Williams, based on what I saw in the preseason..and what I DIDN'T see from Darboh. I'm now fully resigned to the fact that I need, from here on out, to simply trust that (obviously) Pete and crew have the inside track and insight that the vast majority of us will never have.
And therefore, I will save my bitching about the decisions made until they prove to have screwed the pooch. Thanks op for showing me the light! Go Hawks! :179422:

Also, I'm personally extremely happy and ecstatic that they retained Tanner! Let's hope and pray The Bevell utilizes him correctly AND consistently. Especially down near the end zone.

chris98251

Reaction score
hgwellz12":181rl8ho said:
Hawkscanner":181rl8ho said:

And now that he's healthy again, I envision that he will be making those same kinds of plays for Russell Wilson and crew as well.

Allow me to grub on a Thanksgiving sized plate of Crow. Somebody pass ya' Playa potna the Sriracha!

I was type salty when we cut Williams, based on what I saw in the preseason..and what I DIDN'T see from Darboh. I'm now fully resigned to the fact that I need, from here on out, to simply trust that (obviously) Pete and crew have the inside track and insight that the vast majority of us will never have.
And therefore, I will save my bitching about the decisions made until they prove to have screwed the pooch. Thanks op for showing me the light! Go Hawks! :179422:

Also, I'm personally extremely happy and ecstatic that they retained Tanner! Let's hope and pray The Bevell utilizes him correctly AND consistently. Especially down near the end zone.

Have you submitted your burnt offering, a Goat and your first born before the season starts?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
chris98251":2rdqy4kd said:
hgwellz12":2rdqy4kd said:
Hawkscanner":2rdqy4kd said:

Have you submitted your burnt offering, a Goat and your first born before the season starts?

Why yes. Yes I did. I'm currently burning a cigar on the patio. I'm a Capricorn, so that takes care of the Goat part, kinda. And, just yesterday I allowed my 17 year old daughter to go on her first unchaperoned date. :2thumbs:

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2feg4vuk said:
Future replacement for Jermaine Kearse. :irishdrinkers:
NAILED IT.
Strong blocker and route runner with solid hands.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Pete must have seen something in training camp from this kid ...
Good luck to him.

Josea16

Reaction score
olyfan63":1gposqyy said:
I don't see the Sidney Rice comparison directly; this guy looks sturdier than Rice. Rice was a fragile stringbean. Maybe a hybrid of Sidney Rice with slightly less wingspan and Jermaine Kearse with a little more ability to get separation from DBs.
I'm okay with that comp and obviously the team is. This guy can do the redline throws like Kasen and Sidney and runs far more of the route tree and flat blocks like Kearse. Literally bigger, faster. And softer hands then Kearse.

Every damn throw he caught are on the route tree we run (we do twists on it) and passes Russ does with regularity. If you notice the offense is mad quick and we are using advanced double stack rub route concepts now in preseason games?

Interesting yeah? I figure Green Bay is in serious trouble if that OL isn't full strength and even then SR is a Reggie level type. A game changer no pass go.

Seafan

Reaction score
I'm glad Pete and John are making the personnel decisions and not Sherman or the fans.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Just wish he had shown more in preseason. Sad that he really didn't earn his roster spot by competing, at least to the public perception at any rate, when there is little doubt he has exceptional potential. Perhaps that's just it and his potential ceiling is higher than the others that were cut, so he competes on a different level.

Am glad the team kept him, but he needs to start to show up as the team will soon enough need his efforts when Richardson gets blown up, something that seems somehow inevitable. I hope Richardson doesn't of course.

In the end I believe the decision to keep him was absolutely right. I hope it motivates Darboh to be all he can be.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Josea16":2gdll439 said:
KiwiHawk":2gdll439 said:
LoneHawkFan":2gdll439 said:
KiwiHawk":2gdll439 said:
It's "what have you done for me lately". Williams flashed in pre-season, and Darboh really didn't show. The coaches obviously liked what they saw from him in practice, but the fans only see the pre-season games, so aren't as impressed.

Yeah I get it.

The point is, all good to drop Kearse's production for a kid...but not Kasen's? It's just...funny. I'm a UW guy, too. I frickin' love Kasen williams. But this kid is legit, I think.

Big balls Pete. Gotta take the good with the bad.
Keep in mind that Williams has been on the squad for two years now. If it's a close call now between Williams and Darboh, then you go with Darboh because:

1: More years on the contract - This is the last year for Williams. Darboh is locked up until 2020.
2: If Darboh is already where Williams took 3 pre-seasons to reach, then you have to assume Darboh's ceiling is higher because his starting point is higher.
Duh.Though was born in the Bay Area, lived in the PW for most my life. So yes I dann well know a Superbowl team.
what is pw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, let em do their jobs. Glad the fans are not putting together the roster.
Stoked to see what Darboh can do. And if Kasen wasn't from UW, would people be freaking out as much that he was cut? I really thought he should make the team, but they see things that the rest of us don't.

Give the kid a chance, he could end up being a stud.

Own The West

Reaction score
Found this more interesting now that Kearse is gone...

[youtube]a0cNnEtzMk4[/youtube]

sutz

Reaction score
Own The West":ghde3pxw said:
Found this more interesting now that Kearse is gone...

[youtube]a0cNnEtzMk4[/youtube]
Nice catch! (no pun intended. :))