Pete's in trouble

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Pete is as good as he's ever been. I haven't lost confidence in him one iota. He has a great staff and innovative front office. I'm hoping he coaches 2 years beyond this season, which I believe is the length of his contract.

warden

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1hr3tsfk said:
For those people that want Carroll to stay,,,,,,why? Did the SB win cloud your eyes that bad that you cant see whats happening? This team cannot and will not move forward with him at the helm.
Why??

Because we understand just how hard it is to pull off double digit winning seasons year after year. Very few teams can do this. But fans cry like little babies when it doesn’t go their way

Exittium

Reaction score
Teams with good coaching staffs get those double digit wins constantly.. Pitts, GB, Dal, Pats, Chiefs.

ducks41468

Reaction score
I honestly think we've turned into the Luck-era Colts. A franchise QB dragging the charred wreckage of a terrible o-line, non-existent defense, and overrated coaching staff. Except the Colts actually have a kicker.

We're piling up a bunch of artificially close losses because Wilson makes many games much closer than they ever deserve to be, and sometimes pulls out wins. As a result we end up rationalizing these losses away as a product of bad luck rather than what they really are: a symptom of a team in permanent decline. Carroll is being overrated much like Pagano was being overrated when Luck was still winning games for the Colts; once Luck got injured and the bottom fell out, everyone sees the other aspects of the team for what they really are.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3avcr9kz said:
Pete is as good as he's ever been. I haven't lost confidence in him one iota. He has a great staff and innovative front office. I'm hoping he coaches 2 years beyond this season, which I believe is the length of his contract.

Your right, Pete is as good as he's ever been but the team isnt and thats why we're seeing the mass of failures that we get now. Pete is only successful when he has talent to hide his lack of coaching ability (USC, earlier Seahawks). There's no innovation with him. Its the same tired schemes and philosophy. This team has been broken since 2014 and he isnt good enough to fix it. Time to move on and try for something better than this downward spiral.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
warden":2lwhele7 said:
pittpnthrs":2lwhele7 said:
For those people that want Carroll to stay,,,,,,why? Did the SB win cloud your eyes that bad that you cant see whats happening? This team cannot and will not move forward with him at the helm.
Why??

Because we understand just how hard it is to pull off double digit winning seasons year after year. Very few teams can do this. But fans cry like little babies when it doesn’t go their way

Any competent coach will net you winning seasons with this roster. They should be doing much better than they are. This season, we had one of our most favorable schedules and its going to be fortunate if we even make the playoffs. Give Carroll a couple more years and that Mora stink will be here sooner than anybody expected.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Letting Pete go and I'll bet we end up like the 9ers. I'll bet at least 25 other teams would pick him up just need different coordinators among others.

Boycie

Reaction score
onepicknick1":m5zjrr6t said:
Letting Pete go and I'll bet we end up like the 9ers. I'll bet at least 25 other teams would pick him up just need different coordinators among others.

We also need a philosophy shift as well. Unless we somehow get another Lynch, and a decent O-line, we will need to start to play to RWs strengths more.

bandiger

Reaction score
Exittium":3s7vsz5m said:
Teams with good coaching staffs get those double digit wins constantly.. Pitts, GB, Dal, Pats, Chiefs.

The only team thats consistent are the Pats and thats all due to Belichick being so elite at coaching there is no one at his level. The rest are underachievers that have wasted players prime and youth due to some flaw in thier system. Unfortunately Pete is a level below Belichick when it comes to coaching he's like the Sean Peyton in a sense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SlickRick":s12rffun said:
We take the field goal in 1st half of the game and its 34 -34 right now in OT
This is not factual... FG Miss at end of game verifies your mistaken belief that he wouldn't have missed on that kick also.
I think that if Pete Carroll had the confidence that Walsh could have done it, then he would have likely gone for it.
Three 'Shankers' to the left in the Deadskins game doesn't exactly inspire, eh?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ducks41468":344unxjm said:
The final score was close enough that it'll be blamed on bad luck, evil spirits, the wind, or other nonsense. We're in the middle of the slow steady decline and by the time anyone with the power to fire Pete notices we'll be a 5-11 team with a barren roster. Essentially, Mora 2.0. At least in soccer management has a much quicker trigger. Not in American sports.
:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exittium

Reaction score
If Pete wants to hang on to something that happened what? Almost 3 weeks ago, then he needs to rethink his entire philosophy of “on to the next game” lol we’ve IMO already seen him ditch the always compete by keeping in shittier players I.e Lane just to name one over better. Or start worse players over better ones Ie Lacy and Rawls over Davis and Carson

He’s slipping and needs to go

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Exittium":2y83rvqz said:
If Pete wants to hang on to something that happened what? Almost 3 weeks ago, then he needs to rethink his entire philosophy of “on to the next game” lol we’ve IMO already seen him ditch the always compete by keeping in shittier players I.e Lane just to name one over better. Or start worse players over better ones Ie Lacy and Rawls over Davis and Carson

Carson started from the first game. Carroll was the one who wanted to draft him in the first place, calling him one of his "favorite players in the draft."

Lane is only playing out of necessity. Griffin was starting ahead of him, which was another excellent Carroll pick.

If some fans had their way, we would be the 1-9ers.

Exittium

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2poq6l8c said:
Exittium":2poq6l8c said:

Carson started from the first game. Carroll was the one who wanted to draft him in the first place, calling him one of his "favorite players in the draft."

Lane is only playing out of necessity. Griffin was starting ahead of him, which was another excellent Carroll pick.

If some fans had their way, we would be the 1-9ers.

My point dribbled to a rant, but it’s, Walsh isn’t going to feel anymore confident when he know the coach has no faith and is hanging onto a bad game a few weeks ago.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":24sww9h0 said:
Siouxhawk":24sww9h0 said:

Your right, Pete is as good as he's ever been but the team isnt and thats why we're seeing the mass of failures that we get now. Pete is only successful when he has talent to hide his lack of coaching ability (USC, earlier Seahawks). There's no innovation with him. Its the same tired schemes and philosophy. This team has been broken since 2014 and he isnt good enough to fix it. Time to move on and try for something better than this downward spiral.
You have your opinion and I have mine. I still believe in Pete and have full confidence in him pulling together this season and subsequent years going forward. I think you have been proven wrong before and wouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1k7l8gh2 said:
pittpnthrs":1k7l8gh2 said:
Siouxhawk":1k7l8gh2 said:

You have your opinion and I have mine. I still believe in Pete and have full confidence in him pulling together this season and subsequent years going forward. I think you have been proven wrong before and wouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself.

Food Cooking Pot icon