Peter King: Jamal Adams not happy

xray

Reaction score
He owes the Hawks 1 more season . but what if he decides to sit out ?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":216j06zy said:
He owes the Hawks 1 more season . but what if he decides to sit out ?

He can miss game checks if he wants, until week six, then he has to come back and play if he wants the season to count on his contract.

Like I said above, I doubt Jamal wants to give up game checks and risk getting franchised for the next year or two at a far lower safety franchise tag then the Hawk's are offering now.

This has happened twice before, once with Earl and once with Marshawn..........both times Schneider put a deadline on taking the deal or it's off the table, and both times they took the deal.

So let's hope it doesn't come to that, but rest assure if they can't agree on an extension by the end of camp, watch for John to put that ultimatum deadline out there.

LTH

Reaction score
The business part ruins the game... I hate it...

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":zm93su84 said:
The degree of selfishness exhibited by a few "prima donna" players in the NFL is disheartening.

You shouldn't fault a player who's opportunity to make a lifetime of income in a very short window of time is using the same leverage teams do when it's time to negotiate extensions.

Just as you or I would do if we knew we could use leverage at our companies to get paid more.

That's the dance, so we have to let it play out. I don't fault the players anymore than I fault Schneider for trying to get the best deal possible for the organization.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
ivotuk":12b3t8vu said:
Kam's 2 game good out cost us 2 wins and made the season more difficult.

I agree - but I'd go futher - it destroyed that season, and pretty much the start of the destruction of the team, IMHO. Seeing Lynch prance around in the Kam jersey during his holdout told you a BUNCH that you needed to know as far as a rift between players and the front office.

Again, IMHO.

Own The West

Reaction score
I'm confused. Is this the Duane Brown story again with the names changed? Or the Russell Wilson story again with the names changed?

toffee

Reaction score
Unblike Duane Brown situation where we have no starter quality LT behind Brown. Here, we have Blair, who may even cover better than Adam although lacking the overall ability as Adam! Heck when desperate, we could even move Tre Flower to safety, that dude can cover some too.