Pete: No Rebuild

W

Welshers

and going with Lock. Planning on winning next year. We'll see.

James in PA

Reaction score
Welshers":1g0mrvls said:
I've said all along he is not looking at this as a throwaway year. He will at least try to field a competitive team. It's for that very reason that I'm not buying the part about Lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Welshers":l65pvwsl said:

It's opening day of Free Agency and still awhile until the draft. Pete and John have definitely not decided on a QB no matter what he may try to make people think.

Lock is currently our best option at QB, so of course they are going to be uber positive about him, but that's how they are about any of their players. Pete and John would be totally incompetent if they truly believed that Lock was going to lead the team 100% this season. They are going to turn over every stone they see until they get the guy they want.

Lest we forget, when we got RW, we had T-Jack and had signed Flynn to a substantial deal to come in to be our starter. Whether or not this team competes in the division or not this year is yet to be seen, but no matte what, this offseason is going to be very interesting and full of surprises. The one thing I think we can be sure of right now is that Pete and John will carry their plans very close to the vest and will deploy deception at every turn to keep their plans quiet until they play out.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is hilarious.

A borderline senile HC and a barely competent QB.

Should be fun to watch.

But of course, we aren't rebuilding. Pete has to keep up the illusion he is still competent, and that means pretending we are competitive.

Fade

Reaction score
The season's going to be an absolute trainwreck, and Pete will continue to get a pass from far too many.

The franchise QB wanted off the carousel of crazy. And people are still struggling to comprehend why he would want to do that.

Elemas

Reaction score
He didn’t mention Lock being the starter but he was more enthusiastic mentioning his name.

But, unless it’s a player under contract, these press conferences aren’t going to reveal their true narrative concerning positions.

Unless..,,

Rat

Reaction score
GemCity":q15aaycb said:
He didn’t mention Lock being the starter but he was more enthusiastic mentioning his name.

Pete was enthusiastic about someone? Are you sure it wasn't someone else talking?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Pete complimenting people usually means that they are going to get cut lol.

He said something about T-Jack being the future before he signed Flynn and drafted Russell Wilson.

chris98251

Reaction score
I agree with Pete, no rebuild.

It's a Effing Demolition...............

emurri

Reaction score
I guess I would want the coach to say we are competing and going to try and win. We will see what happens with the rest of free agency and the draft. I can’t say I am optimistic right now about their ability to fix this but they did it once and who knows they might do it again. It just seems they are continuing to do things the same as the past number of years and it has definitely not lead to any kind of success.

massari

Reaction score
Before Wilson, in 2011 the Seahawks had one of the best defenses, good receivers, and Marshawn Lynch running the ball. Still 7-9 with a bottom tier offense.

They needed to not spend all this money on free agents, rollover cap money to when they'll be legit contenders, and tank for a top QB in the 2023 draft.

emurri

Reaction score
massari":2oc5kmjq said:
Before Wilson, in 2011 the Seahawks had one of the best defenses, good receivers, and Marshawn Lynch running the ball. Still 7-9 with a bottom tier offense.

They needed not to spend all this money on free agents, rollover cap money to when they'll be legit contenders, and tank for a top QB in the 2023 draft.
That might very well be the plan. I like the qb’s they have liked in past drafts so there may be hope. I would be willing to suffer through a few rough years if it means we rebuild the right way.