Pete Carroll's Impassioned Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Proud of our Head Coach today. His press conference speech as the team cancelled practice today in light of recent events was poignant and was the focus of Total Access' first segment today on the NFL Network. This is a man who gets it.

[youtube]FEbY0GQjL18[/youtube]

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Impressive speech by Pete.

Players have said that Pete has been a huge impact on their lives; this is a great example of how Pete is leading his team. Every player may not see the value of being registered to vote and to vote themselves, but this is a great way to show how to be more impactful with your opportunities.

So many things he said that will resonate with his players and probably a lot of other players on other teams too.

balakoth

Reaction score
Not really sure what you heard in that speech for that response.. Perhaps you may need to reevaluate the way you phrased your thought?

TreeRon

Reaction score
Many of us white people (esp.older folks like myself) need to look inside ourselves and acknowledge that we've had and maybe still do, have subconcious racism. For example years ago, if two guys were boxing on TV and one was white, the other black I always rooted for the white guy esp. if I knew little about either fighter. It wasn't until I was a bit older that I realized what I was doing. Things like that, IMO is what systemic racism is all about.
I appreciate Pete's talk and applaud him for his courage to speak out as I guarantee he'll be blasted, depreciated and ridiculed by critiques.
I also acknowledge and tip my hat to the support the Seahawks organization gives the players and coaches in making this stand. Sadly, it'll cost them some fans.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
TreeRon":a612lygu said:
JayhawkMike":a612lygu said:
Politics board? It goes there if we discuss it.

Is fighting racism politics?

Yes, because there is not a global consensus on what people are calling racism these days.

sutz

Reaction score
It may have "politics" in it, but I don't consider it partisan. Calling for freedom, equality, and justice sounds like what America should be all about.

Yeah, Pete gets it. He knows he's got a lot of privileges that go with his position in life. He works to share with others.

Good talk.

TreeRon

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":qoq3105t said:
TreeRon":qoq3105t said:
JayhawkMike":qoq3105t said:

Yes, because there is not a global consensus on what people are calling racism these days.

Despite the shocking tape, now-former Arkansas County Sheriff Todd Wright insisted to local legislators that he’s not racist.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 673985002/

I guess this is what you're talking about?

Mick063

Reaction score
I adore this man as a human being.

For me, it is easy to spot the difference between genuine and fake. Pete Carroll is real. The people whose belief system counters coach Pete Carroll are the folks that are unable to tell the difference. In other words, one must grasp upon conspiracy theories and fantasy to further racism. Unfortunately, this problem is wide spread and appears to be institutionally embedded within the highest levels of government.

The Breh

Reaction score
Proud of our team, our coach and those impassioned to support them.
I'm glad it makes some uncomfortable because protests and the actions taking place are not comfortable for those put in the position to feel compelled to protest and CERTAINLY not supposed to be comfortable or convenient for those with the opposing views.
It took a single knee from Kap for me to respect the shit out of that man and coming from a Hawks fan, I never thought I'd see the day.
If interrupting someone's convenient, comfortable bubble by pausing sports and the guilty parties entertainment-great. I can sacrifice my Sunday's for it.
Before they are your entertainment, they are men.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Pete is great leader, who sees the world as it is. Things have to change.

Awesome remarks from him! Makes me glad he is the HC here.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
TreeRon":20yq60zd said:
SmokinHawk":20yq60zd said:
TreeRon":20yq60zd said:
JayhawkMike":20yq60zd said:

Despite the shocking tape, now-former Arkansas County Sheriff Todd Wright insisted to local legislators that he’s not racist.

Scary shit. The vetting process to become a sheriff, or ANYONE with that much power has got to get better. Like, several orders of magnitude better.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
jammerhawk":yq7szvx4 said:
Pete is great leader, who sees the world as it is. Things have to change.

Awesome remarks from him! Makes me glad he is the HC here.
Exactly. All white people need to check their privilege. Give all your possessions to a POC and their families. You will be able to earn it back. Also start giving money to POC as a tax. Then maybe things will change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprhawk73

Reaction score
I applaud pc and he nailed it, but having rich guys blame the rich guy doesn't sit well. Content of character is what matters, actions speak louder than words and facts are real. Ignoring them is just stupid.

If right is right ET would still be a Seahawk

keasley45

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1bhrbnkn said:
TreeRon":1bhrbnkn said:
SmokinHawk":1bhrbnkn said:
TreeRon":1bhrbnkn said:

The problem is that in many places, the vetting process that places a person like that in power is working ( in the eyes of those who created it) precisely the way it should. The broken part of the system fir them was the lack of nuance and control the appointed leaders have in veiling their true feelings. The entire system needs to be revisited.

Scary $h!t. The vetting process to become a sheriff, or ANYONE with that much power has got to get better. Like, several orders of magnitude better.

Status
Not open for further replies.