Pete and John Press Conference

ivotuk

Reaction score
JAKE AND STACY

Hour 3 - Pete Carroll and John Schneider's pre-draft press conference

Jake and Stacy bring you the entirety of Pete Carroll and John Schneider's pre-draft press conference in Thursday's third hour.

Hour 4 - Jake & Stacy's instant reactions to the Seahawks' pre-draft press conference

Do Jake and Stacy think the Seahawks will stand pat at pick #9 or will they move back after taking a listen to Pete Carroll and John Schneider? What do they think the Seahawks will do with DK Metcalf?

They give you their instant reactions to the Seahawks' pre-draft press conference to start the hour. Also, they head to the station for another round of Hype Train!

Topics include Matty Beniers, Jesse Winker, and the Seahawks decision at #9. What I Need to Know finishes off a busy Thursday.

Jville

Reaction score
Always enjoy these pre-draft press conference. So much to anticipate this year. Keep hearing about the renewed energy from staff and players alike. This year feels special. Better quality in the draft than last year per Schneider.

Thanks for posting.(y)

Last edited:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Even knowing it can be nothing but fluff I enjoy listening to them, then trying to find some nugget between the lines. I didn't get any directional clues out of this one but it's nice to know they are excited with the opportunity to make some serious roster hay.
I really hope they keep trading to a minimum and relegated to after round three. If you can't do serious damage with 4 picks in top 100 or so you might as well mail it in and go home.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Of course Schneider's comment when asked about having the 9th pick leaves every door open, but he sounded quite open to trading out of it. He said picking at 9 isn't a great spot. I hope they generate some value if they trade out.

ryank24

Reaction score
Of course Schneider's comment when asked about having the 9th pick leaves every door open, but he sounded quite open to trading out of it. He said picking at 9 isn't a great spot. I hope they generate some value if they trade out.
I listened to the whole press conference, but I don't remember him saying that picking at 9 isn't a great spot. He said something about not wanting to be drafting at 9 in the context that it means you lost a lot of games to be picking that high (even though #9 came from the Jets).

I don't care if we move up, move down, or stay at 9, I just want a good player. They've made the excuse in recent years that when you pick towards the end of the round like they usually do, it's not as easy to come away with that top tier talent. But if you own the 9th pick, and you willingly trade your way to the end of the round, you can't make that excuse anymore.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I listened to the whole press conference, but I don't remember him saying that picking at 9 isn't a great spot. He said something about not wanting to be drafting at 9 in the context that it means you lost a lot of games to be picking that high (even though #9 came from the Jets).

I don't care if we move up, move down, or stay at 9, I just want a good player. They've made the excuse in recent years that when you pick towards the end of the round like they usually do, it's not as easy to come away with that top tier talent. But if you own the 9th pick, and you willingly trade your way to the end of the round, you can't make that excuse anymore.

Ah, that could have been the context; thanks for the correction.

I'm still not sure I'd want to be picking at 9 in a broader, deeper draft.