Pete and CJ

Kinger95

Reaction score
JSN is too good to pass up at 20 unless there’s someone else that falls too that you like more like kancey or if you like a pass rusher

CactusJack

Reaction score
Has this front office ever drafted a WR that slow?
Cooper Kupp ran a 4.6.

Speed isn't everything. JSN is the best route runner in this class by far. The guy is a stud.

They typically like faster guys. But adding someone like him would really compliment DK & Tyler.

Last edited:

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Cooper Kupp ran a 4.6.

Speed isn't everything. JSN is the best route runner in this class by far. The guy is a stud.

They typically like faster guys. But adding someone like him would really compliment DK & Tyler.
Agreed, Kupp is a beast, but he wasn’t drafted by Seattle.

I’m not seeing where P&J have drafted a non 4.4 guy day 1 or 2. Given they are running the Ram’s offense maybe they‘ll adjust the standards, but it would be a departure.

massari

Reaction score
If ya think they’re there for the QB, you haven’t been paying attention very well. Nice photo-op however. Hawks were CJs favorite team growing up.
They were 100% watching Stroud as well as the other guys. Today they'll be watching Bryce Young too.

“I was in Green Bay when Aaron Rodgers fell,” Schneider said. “So we didn’t . . . I mean, Aaron Rodgers was supposed to be the first pick in the draft, and we weren’t necessarily as prepared as we should have been for him to fall. When you get to draft day, you want to make decisions like game-day decisions, right? So be prepared. And so, quite frankly, when we acquired Aaron that day we had to make some more calls during [the] draft, which you never really want to do, right? ‘OK, why is he falling?'”

Last edited:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin wasn’t fast. I don’t think speed is a huge consideration for JS as long as the guy can be sudden at the LOS.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin wasn’t fast. I don’t think speed is a huge consideration for JS as long as the guy can be sudden at the LOS.

Baldwin ran a 4.48 40-yard dash, about average for a WR. I've got a couple of other examples, obviously not drafted by Schneider (one wasn't even drafted by the Seahawks), of how speed is not that important for wide-receiver success. I recognize that this is a little different from the question of whether Schneider would draft a non-speedy WR, but I think it's at least tangentially relevant, because I'm sure Schneider knows slower receivers can succeed.

Only two players have ever worn the number 80 for the Seahawks, and both are in the Hall of Fame.

The way I made that statement is meant to be kind-of funny, because one of those two wore #80 for the Seahawks for his whole career, played (86 yards receiving, -1 yard rushing) in the Seahawks' first regular-season game ever, and is the one really associated with wearing #80 for the Seahawks, while the other was only with the Seahawks for a total of 11 games in the final season of his career, and the previously retired number 80 was controversially brought out of retirement for him to use.

But it's worth mentioning the second guy anyway, because he ended up breaking most of the NFL records that had been set by the Seahawks' first #80, so both were truly great players, even though the second one's HoF-worthy performance was elsewhere. Neither of these truly great players was fast. The 11-games-at-the-end-of-his-career Seahawks #80 ran a 4.71-second 40-yard dash. The one for whom the number 80 was retired (twice :rolleyes:) by the Seahawks, the one who played his whole career for the Seahawks, ran a 4.7.

Edited to add: and yes, I know Baldwin wasn't drafted. He was signed as an undrafted free agent.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
IF CJ fell to 5 John/Pete would sprint to the podium. It's not happening though. I'm sure they were there to see him and OS has multiple guys who play positions of need for Seattle.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
JS just said they went to Alabama today and are heading to Tenn. tomorrow.

Jim Nagy
@JimNagy_SB

Tuscaloosa always biggest stop on spring scouting circuit. Huge contingent of NFL decision-makers scheduled to be at tomorrow’s
@AlabamaFTBL
pro-day: GM (12): BUF, CAR, CHI, DET, GB, LV, MIA, NYG, PIT, SEA, TEN, WAS
HC (10): CAR, CHI, LV, MIA, MIN, NE, NO, NYG, PIT, SEA

BASF

Reaction score
Looking like Stroud will be the number one pick. I was really hoping he would not end up in the NFC.

Latest posts