Peacock Can Bite Me

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Peacock is bogarting the late wildcard game next Saturday night. In other words, if you want to watch that playoff game (whomever the teams are), you have to pay for their streaming service.

Enough is enough.

I am up to my ears in streaming services and I am not about to pay them to watch a game. Even if it is just the monthly fee you can immediately cancel.

NFL, knock it off! Keep the main players (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and ESPN) and quit signing contracts with these peripheral streaming companies! It’s bad enough TNF is only available on Prime (I would have boycott that too but I already had the service for movies and shows), now you are adding Peacock to the mix?

They can kiss my butt. I’ll simply watch the game on NFL Network on the replay hours later.

James in PA

Reaction score
I posted about this very subject a few weeks ago. I couldn't find a game, and after a little research I discovered it was on Peacock. No problem, I have that.

BZZZZZTT!

Turn out, I "used to" but at some point it got dropped as a throw in with my cell phone service. That just shows how I often I watch these dumb things. And it never fails, whenever there is something on that might interest me, it's always on a service I don't currently have. I've tried to cancel Paramount Plus like 3 times now and they keep reeling me back in. "Don't go! We'll give you 3 months for free."

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Keep the main players (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and ESPN)
I vehemently disagree with this part. Exclusivity to a network for non-original content by that network should be made illegal. Open it up to view from any damn service or network.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Peacock is bogarting the late wildcard game next Saturday night. In other words, if you want to watch that playoff game (whomever the teams are), you have to pay for their streaming service.

Enough is enough.

I am up to my ears in streaming services and I am not about to pay them to watch a game. Even if it is just the monthly fee you can immediately cancel.

NFL, knock it off! Keep the main players (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and ESPN) and quit signing contracts with these peripheral streaming companies! It’s bad enough TNF is only available on Prime (I would have boycott that too but I already had the service for movies and shows), now you are adding Peacock to the mix?

They can kiss my butt. I’ll simply watch the game on NFL Network on the replay hours later.
Yep. Times have changed. It used to be that the league wouldn't even let ESPN televise playoff games because it was a channel that you had to have a cable or satellite subscription to watch, that they wanted their playoff games all on over the air free tv so that the poor bastard making minimum wage and sitting in his one-bedroom basement apartment could watch the games. Those days are gone forever.

I still have a little over a week left on my free trial of Peacock so I'll be able to watch the game and not pay for their service....this time.

But at least from my perspective, even if I were to include a Peacock subscription, my total TV bill is still cheaper than it was when I had a very expensive cable TV subscription w/o a DVR feature, especially when I divide my Fubo subscription by the number of family members that I'm sharing it with, and it has a DVR feature with 1k hours of cloud storage.

You might as well get used to it. The days of completely free tv are long gone. You can either pi$$ and moan about it and live your life mad at the world, or for the price of a craft beer in an airport lounge, go with the flow and enjoy the games. I'll choose the latter.

Last edited:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
All these games are on TSN in Canada. Get an android box..find a feed...watch the game.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score

Enough is enough.

DirecTV just started a new kind of remote control with buttons for several of the streaming services. Their service tech guy told me it’s full of bugs, and I should wait 6 months for them to get it debugged before ordering one. It is free of charge.

RiverDog

Reaction score
DirecTV just started a new kind of remote control with buttons for several of the streaming services. Their service tech guy told me it’s full of bugs, and I should wait 6 months for them to get it debugged before ordering one. It is free of charge.
So you have a satellite service and use streaming apps? You might want to ditch DTV and go with one of the streaming services. I got rid of Charter Spectrum and went with Fubo and never regretted it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Dumped spectrum and went with YouTubeTV and I’ll drop it once the season is over. Love it this year
I love Fubo. I pay $120/month for their premium package that includes the Red Zone and 1,000 hours of DVR cloud storage and I share it with my daughter and brother-in-law, meaning that it would cost me $40/month if I weren't so damn generous. I was already an Amazon Prime member, so it didn't cost me anything extra to get TNF. Plus, I get good reception on my OTA antenna and bought a Tablo DVR years ago to record OTA telecasts, so I'm pretty set.

Peacock doesn't have a contract meaning that you can cancel anytime, so at $4.99 a month, it would be foolish to use cost as a reason for not watching a playoff game of interest.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Enough is enough.

I read that you guys can get DAZN south of the border.

I gotta say, it's all I watch - they have every single game, and RedZone (I'll have to double check the game you're talking about - but they haven't failed to carry a single game - including TNF). They had an absolute disastrous first year launch. It was BAAAAAAAD. Like Real Bad.

But now, you'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. Plus, it's got a bunch of other stuff - I've been meaning to check out the boxing and shit that they have (if I had time). And, you can pause the billing after football season, for a set period of months, so you just have to pay for the months that you want.

Just my experience - you guys all seem to have problems getting some games and coverage.....

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
So you have a satellite service and use streaming apps? You might want to ditch DTV and go with one of the streaming services. I got rid of Charter Spectrum and went with Fubo and never regretted it.
I am new to this stuff, but I have learned that they have overlapping content. Just to get all the NFL games, I have Prime, Peacock, and access to tons of content I will never watch.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love Fubo. I pay $120/month for their premium package that includes the Red Zone and 1,000 hours of DVR cloud storage and I share it with my daughter and brother-in-law, meaning that it would cost me $40/month if I weren't so damn generous. I was already an Amazon Prime member, so it didn't cost me anything extra to get TNF. Plus, I get good reception on my OTA antenna and bought a Tablo DVR years ago to record OTA telecasts, so I'm pretty set.

Peacock doesn't have a contract meaning that you can cancel anytime, so at $4.99 a month, it would be foolish to use cost as a reason for not watching a playoff game of interest.
I may look into this for next year, thanks for sharing!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I read that you guys can get DAZN south of the border.

I gotta say, it's all I watch - they have every single game, and RedZone (I'll have to double check the game you're talking about - but they haven't failed to carry a single game - including TNF). They had an absolute disastrous first year launch. It was BAAAAAAAD. Like Real Bad.

But now, you'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. Plus, it's got a bunch of other stuff - I've been meaning to check out the boxing and shit that they have (if I had time). And, you can pause the billing after football season, for a set period of months, so you just have to pay for the months that you want.

Just my experience - you guys all seem to have problems getting some games and coverage.....
I had Dazn the first year and dumped it due to lag and other streaming issues. I have an android now with stbemu server. 28 bucks a month and I get around 9000 channels and of course all the nfl stuff. Not without its issues but it streams well besides being behind about 45 seconds.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I am new to this stuff, but I have learned that they have overlapping content. Just to get all the NFL games, I have Prime, Peacock, and access to tons of content I will never watch.
I hear ya about the tons of content that you'll never watch. That's how cable and streaming companies alike get enough revenue to offer the really popular content for a reasonable price. The Shopping Channel subsidies ESPN.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I may look into this for next year, thanks for sharing!
No sweat.

My only advice is to buy the monthly subscription, not the annual. The industry is changing so fast that what may look like a great deal today may be a huge albatross next year.

Don't be surprised if NBC decides to televise a few of their more popular games on Peacock next season. Not a lot of them, just a couple of teasers to whet our appetites, like the season opener and/or the game on Thanksgiving evening that NBC typically televises.