Pass protection seemed really solid yesterday.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I know there were a few sacks, but it felt like Russell had more than enough time to throw nearly every drive. What's arguably more important is that Russell seemed a lot more confident in his protection, and seemed decisive in his rollouts, scrambles, and throws. Redzone is clearly an issue, particularly run-blocking inside the 5 yard line, but overall the OL played pretty well against a great Niners defense.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Lemuel making the calls at center is why.

I'm convinced having a veteran center that knows what he's doing is imperative in keeping this line above average.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The o-line hasn't been great at times, that's for sure. but one guy that I'm happy with is Britt. he's blown some plays and stuff but for a rookie who wasn't highly touted, he's played as well as many first and second round tackles have in recent years.

OP
OP
jkitsune

jkitsune

Reaction score
Hawknballs":f8wkpbog said:
The o-line hasn't been great at times, that's for sure. but one guy that I'm happy with is Britt. he's blown some plays and stuff but for a rookie who wasn't highly touted, he's played as well as many first and second round tackles have in recent years.

For real. Look at the 'top tackles' that have been taken over the last 5-6 years, and a lot of them have flamed out entirely.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SF rarely blitzes. When they do they are pretty obvious with it.

I thought Wilson made some brilliant escapes, but unlike vs AZ, he had a lot more space to make his escapes in. I didn't see masterful protection, just a lot of play action and bootlegs.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":9ot8azgw said:
SF rarely blitzes. When they do they are pretty obvious with it.

I thought Wilson made some brilliant escapes, but unlike vs AZ, he had a lot more space to make his escapes in. I didn't see masterful protection, just a lot of play action and bootlegs.

I agree but did think they did a better job than they did against AZ.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":t0u769km said:
Lemuel making the calls at center is why.

I'm convinced having a veteran center that knows what he's doing is imperative in keeping this line above average.
BINGO!