Parking Passes

lukerguy

Reaction score
Hey Y'all. What are your thoughts on a season ticket holder purchasing a parking pass at the Safeco Garage? The cost is $270 for 10 games, or $30 per game pending availability.

Does anyone know the cost to park 2, 3, 4, 5..ect blocks away? Are they all mostly $20+ anyway? Do the Garages sell out regularly?

Is access, or post game departure traffic atrocious everywhere down town, or especially bad at the Safeco/C-Link garages?

Thanks so much for your help!

Cartire

Reaction score
Honestly, the best way in and out of the clink is the train. If you live close enough to one of the stops, park there and take the train. They have exclusive transit times for hawk games. Plus the crowd on the trains after a win is fun.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Cartire":4lxdjt3v said:
Honestly, the best way in and out of the clink is the train. If you live close enough to one of the stops, park there and take the train. They have exclusive transit times for hawk games. Plus the crowd on the trains after a win is fun.

Don't t hey have trains right after the game and then it stops? A guy I work with that lives in Everett and had a drink with us after the game missed the train and had to call his wife to come get him.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":204aa25i said:
Cartire":204aa25i said:

Don't t hey have trains right after the game and then it stops? A guy I work with that lives in Everett and had a drink with us after the game missed the train and had to call his wife to come get him.

yeah unfortunately the last train leaves 30 minutes after the game ends.

We take the train from everett..HOnestly it's a great way to get to and from the game. No hassle, no stress of finding parking and paying for it and sitting in traffic. But the down side is you can't hang around afterwards. you get there plenty early enough to go have a drink or two before kickoff though.

Also, the trains don't usually run for prime time/ week day games.

Parking near the stadium is going to cost you 30-40 bucks. Maybe 20 if you're lucky. If you get down there super early you can find a few rare free spots that are a ways away but you can't really count on that. So buying a pass is a fine idea I would think.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The trains also don't get delayed for overtime games. I was at a game against San Diego which went into OT. Everyone had to try and catch the last train if they stayed for the whole game. Many people couldn't get on, and those of us that could were literally packed in like those Japanese commuter trains where they get shoved in. One guy in a wheelchair had to occupy the non-toilet side of the bathroom, and since there was no room to wheel him out he had to stay in there whenever anyone was using it...

I think a better option is the light rail, since it runs every 10 minutes or so 24/7. You just need to get to a parking lot REALLY early, since everyone else thinks so too! Last time I tried that option I got to the Tukwila lot around 10am for a 1pm game and there were absolutely no spots available. I'd say shoot for 9am at Tukwila and spend the extra time at Temple Billiards.

Cartire

Reaction score
Hawknballs":41n30vop said:
CALIHAWK1":41n30vop said:
Cartire":41n30vop said:

yeah unfortunately the last train leaves 30 minutes after the game ends.

We take the train from everett..HOnestly it's a great way to get to and from the game. No hassle, no stress of finding parking and paying for it and sitting in traffic. But the down side is you can't hang around afterwards. you get there plenty early enough to go have a drink or two before kickoff though.

Also, the trains don't usually run for prime time/ week day games.

Parking near the stadium is going to cost you 30-40 bucks. Maybe 20 if you're lucky. If you get down there super early you can find a few rare free spots that are a ways away but you can't really count on that. So buying a pass is a fine idea I would think.

Correct me if Im wrong, but I thought they updated there schedules to leave 45 minutes after the games ended regardless of OT. The last time I took it was for the 2010 WC game, so its been awhile.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We get there early enough to get free parking (right at or just before 8am). But, the number of free spots is very limited these days.

12thMan1

Reaction score
Quite honestly it's not worth it to park in the garage IMO. It takes a bit of time to be able to exit the garage and It's typically 20-30 bucks to park in the lots around the stadium anyways.

Riley12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":z0ci55ml said:
We get there early enough to get free parking (right at or just before 8am). But, the number of free spots is very limited these days.

Me too, and very true.

Chrismv41985

Reaction score
In my opinion, I think the Safeco garage is the best, because you literally turn left out of the garage and are on I-90. No having to sit in traffic or wait for the cops to flag you through intersections. Its well worth the $30, and if you get there early enough (around 9ish) you can park on the same level that the exit is on and there is no back up at all. Then its a short walk down to Showbox SODO for the KJR pregame breakfast!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I use a pass. If you have the patience and just chill after it is not that bad at all.

If you can work the train, it is a great deal. My situation doesn't fit the train schedule well though, I need to get there early enough to get my wrist band to get on the field.

Hawgpen

Reaction score
I agree with Chrismv, parking south of the Clink you are forced to drive south down 1st, 4th or 6th aves thru heavy traffic. But if you park in the Safeco garage and exit out the north end it dumps you right onto I5 / I90 your choice. Even if you hang out after the game to do whatever you can still hit the freeway immediately after exiting the garage. All other roads are blocked from the Edgar Martinez onramp for a least 1hr. after the game.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Doesn't the seahawks parking garage put you right out on i5 as well
If you just pay by game that garage is usually fifty bucks
One year we got passes and after a game Zorn was behind me at the light before the on ramp, so my buddy seized the quick autograph opportunity
Jim was very gracious being pestered by us
Sometimes it takes forever to get out but 65,000 people can have that effect

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I park in Chinatown for $20. It's a far walk from the stadium, but I don't mind the walking to help burn some of the calories from food/booze that day. the nice part is it's very easy to come/go from that parking lot right to the highways vs sodo. Plus I like eating Dim Sum prior to the games and then eating Chicken Wings and rice after the games :).

Latest posts