Panic level (poll)

What's your panic level?

• 0. It's pre season man. We talkin about practice

Votes: 41 35.3%
  • 1-3. Wish our depth was a bit better. Haven't seen most of the starters yet.

Votes: 46 39.7%
  • 4-6. What I've seen so far is concerning

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • 7-9. We need to wake up. What is going on? This will be a long season

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 10. Initiate DEFCON 1! Fire everyone! This team is a dumpster fire!

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
So our third string QB and a guy who won't even make the roster against Bridgewater . This is a glorified scrimmage at least as far as Seattle is concerned.

Smellyman

Reaction score
They started freaking Mr. Magoo at QB.

that starting OL was full of hot trash.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Smellyman":yihqik6v said:
They started freaking Mr. Magoo at QB.

that starting OL was full of hot trash.

Line played fine, though. Really was not bad at all for who was playing.

stack55

Reaction score
Packers, Buccaneers got spanked. It’s practice till it gets real.

zhawk

Reaction score
The Bucs lost by a similar score. Should they panic as well? I believe things will be different come regular season. :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hoxrox":3c50lrwu said:
Winning a championship is obviously important to Russ, but it is not his highest priority. He (and/or his agent) will want to be the highest paid QB on his next contract - that we can be assured of. The question is - will his performance be commensurate with the highest paid player when that time comes?

If winning was the, be all, end all for Russ, those four teams he was open to being traded to wouldn't indicate to me as much.

Exactly. And oh, he dropped 10 spots in this year's Top 100 NFL Players from 2 last year to 12 this year. Remember, this is peer voting only. Not fans, not media. Still a lot of respect but it's indicative of the fact that over the last two seasons, he's been the first half MVP and then faded away each year. Until he can achieve that full MVP season from start to finish he will never get that top contract he craves when the time comes.

We shall see how it all plays out.

hawks85

Reaction score
scutterhawk":5dkgofth said:
hawks85":5dkgofth said:
balakoth":5dkgofth said:
hawks85":5dkgofth said:
This is 1 of 3 things.
1. This "New Offense" is all hype
2. The 2nd strings are bad
3. Both

This new offense with none of our starting OL. None of our WRs, none of our TEs.... 2nd stringers are bad? You mean the actual second stringers who made plays.. the rest 3rd.. fourth.. and offensive players playing LBer...

Our fan base.. is.. way off "base"

I'm not way off anything. For 2 straight weeks this offense hasn't scored a single TD and hasn't had a descent offensive drive. They didn't even improve this week on offense they were actually worse than last week, but I'm not judging yet. The starters are supposed to play the first half next week, and if it's the same performance it's time for concern.
"For Two Straight Weeks This Offense Hasn't Scored a Single Touchdown" <- Untrue
Dallas ran one in last week playing against the Raiders.
As for Pete Carroll, Waldron, & KN Junior not stupidly showing their hands nor going balls out to win a NOTHING TO GAIN GAME at all cost, giving newbie players a FAIR SHOT of NFL style play, to SHOW if they have any promise to make it through the CUTS, so as far as I'm concerned, they kept their cool, and focused on what these Pre-Season games were designed to do.
Both Denver & The Las Vegas Raiders were set on just winning, and NOT giving their second & third stringers a chance to show their wares, and when they did have SOME Rooks & Walk-ons playing, they were surrounded by their # 1's...Crappy way to do a fair Evaluation, before making their paring down to the 53.
PLUS, these are the games that I don't mind watching guys like Flowers bung things up...IF I have any concerns?, it's seeing this athletic player not seeming to be getting any better....Maybe it's just me, but I'm beginning to think it's time to cut bait.

All I'm saying is for 2 weeks this offense has looked bad really really bad. They haven't moved the ball very well at all. Had they been moving the ball up and down the field with out scoring, I wouldn't be as concerned. That's just a few adjustments etc...

Elemas

Reaction score
I agree that preseason games are a terrible metric for the regular season. But, that does lend itself to saying the other two teams backups are quite a bit better than ours which makes you wonder if our first string is getting the quality competition.

Steel sharpens steel.

The other major factor is just how much of these mystical unicorn Waldron plays are being used? Teams watching film, analytics, predicting calls/plays is a very real thing in the NFL. For reference, watch NE’s SuperBowl int on Russ…

On second thought, don’t torture yourself and relive that pain…

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The game didn't count. It's a glorified practice. Means absolutely nothing. Unless you allow yourself to get worked up. Choices

Fade

Reaction score
If Seattle's backup QBs lit it up. Those that have concerns now would be over the top excited. It's pre-season, take it for what it is.

chris98251

Reaction score
One indicator is the level of emotion you see from coaches, they all seemed relaxed, players seemed relaxed even in losing, what we saw is not (I hope) what we are getting Game 1.

Very little pushing of guys, hell I didn't even see 5 Penalty Wood get chewed out.

hawks85

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":gzkj4wy3 said:
The game didn't count. It's a glorified practice. Means absolutely nothing. Unless you allow yourself to get worked up. Choices

It may have not counted but that's not my concern. This so called hyped up new offense looks like trash. Even with the back-ups in this new offense should have done a lot better.

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawks85":rofslfd1 said:
SoulfishHawk":rofslfd1 said:

It may have not counted but that's not my concern. This so called hyped up new offense looks like trash. Even with the back-ups in this new offense should have done a lot better.

Honest question: How good is Geno Smith? Because Alex McGough was incapable of competing with him as a BACKUP.

How good did you expect our offense to look being run by a 3rd stringer?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawks85":3togh0sl said:
SoulfishHawk":3togh0sl said:

Huh? What new offense are you talking about? It hasn't even been rolled out yet, I'd wager.

Latest posts