Overlooked? Deep Sleeper ILB prospect? ILB-Antonio Longino

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Currently ranked #18 ILB, #368-overall at cbssports.com's 1/21/16 update. I know stats aren't everything, but there are many LB'ers ranked ahead of this guy with less than half his stats. The production #'s and ranking don't add up for me.

Antonio Longino ILB, Arizona State rSr 6-2 230
Good production with:
(2015) - 64-Tkls (50-solo), 22.5-TFL, 11-Sacks, 2-PBU, 5-QBH, 2-FF

:3-1:

kearly

Reaction score
Semi-off topic, but I don't think very many players are overlooked. You have 32 NFL teams doing an exhaustive vetting process of all these players, and most of the late round picks who turn into pro-bowlers were only great in retrospect. Even a guy like Tom Brady had good reasons for teams to devalue him.

For me, it's not about a player being overlooked or being a gem. It simply boils down to whether we, as individuals, like the player or not. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

OP
OP
CamanoIslandJQ

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I agree, scouts will have more realistic rankings than whomever assigns rankings at cbssports.com and many other sites that rank draft prospects. As we get nearer the draft the rating sites should get a little more realistic for many of these mid to late round prospects, when it's discovered that they have decent stats that don't match their rankings.