Not to overdo it - but a little more Dissly love.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Love me some Dissly, again. I'm just glad things are going his way this season - both luck wise and offensive scheming wise. He deserves it. I'd love to see a Dissly TD - every. single. game. ;)

I hope he can stay 100% healthy for the whole season too - that's the main thing.

sutz

Reaction score
Always loved Dissly. Great TE for us, and him getting more snaps and touches is a good thing.

StoneCold

Reaction score
24 million an hour? I am in the wrong business.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Flat out solid player, rarely drops passes and a hell of a blocker.
His hands are like football velcro when he catches it...always seems to have a smooth catch-tuck-barrel motion. (like the barrel reference ;))

And yes...I think Dissly barrels...so answer to the other thread is no, it does not have to be a RB.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yup. He reminds me a lot of Zach Miller. Excellent blocker. Too many people look only at a tight end's receiving ability when making their evaluation. Dissly is the best all around tight end we've had since Miller.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
His hands are like football velcro when he catches it...always seems to have a smooth catch-tuck-barrel motion. (like the barrel reference ;))

And yes...I think Dissly barrels...so answer to the other thread is no, it does not have to be a RB.
OMG 'the barrel' is infecting other threads now.

Told ya it was insidious ;)

It's still your turn in the Barrel tonight. Ha!

Polk738

Reaction score
IMO, Dissly is one of the best pass catchers on this team-I have no doubt in my mind that if he got more targets he'd have close to the same amount of yards as Tyler and DK sadly he just does not get the targets, just for reference

DK Metcalf 128 targets 86 catches 67% catch rate

Tyler Lockett 108 targets 78 catches 72% catch rate

Will Dissly 38 targets 34 catches 89% catch rate

sutz

Reaction score
Dissly is probably our best pass catching TE. Dissly is undoubtedly our best in-line blocking TE as well, which means that when we're trying to get our running game going he becomes our 3d OT. Unfortunately, that keeps him out of the passing game. :(

We went away from the 13 sets, which IIRC corresponds to our losing the running game and the scoring game. Now it's too late for that with Dissly. Sux.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
IMO, Dissly is one of the best pass catchers on this team-I have no doubt in my mind that if he got more targets he'd have close to the same amount of yards as Tyler and DK sadly he just does not get the targets...

I've always felt that way about Dissly. He's such an exceptional catcher AND blocker that the latter creates a paradigm where he will never get anywhere near the catches as DK and Tyler. It's too bad because I think he's Pro Bowl caliber.