Nominations and Volunteers for Moderators

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Hey everyone, with the new year approaching our Moderator team is looking for a few folks to cross over to the blue side.
Looking for people who:
  1. Care about .Net
  2. Have shown the ability to maintain level headed in heated debate
  3. Are on the site often enough to contribute
  4. Little or no previous Banning/Suspensions
Please let us know if you are interested in this, you can post in this thread or PM me.
Please post a name if you want to nominate someone else.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hell, I'll throw my hat in. Seems a lot of this job is just basic cleanup that the current staff doesn't have time to do. Wrong forum, duplicate posts, etc etc. I can do that while browsing, no sweat. If you need more numbers, I don't mind.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I’d recommend Zeb and Justthetip., seriously.
My autism doesn't jive well with the way the rules are written here. I have moderated on multiple forums over the 20+ years with different styles from almost anything goes to strict rules and never had a problem. This forum tries to integrate strict rules with anything goes attitude and it doesn't work for me as far as moderating goes. I don't do well with guessing when strict rules need to be looked at with grey instead of black and white.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Hell, I'll throw my hat in. Seems a lot of this job is just basic cleanup that the current staff doesn't have time to do. Wrong forum, duplicate posts, etc etc. I can do that while browsing, no sweat. If you need more numbers, I don't mind.
I would second this. I think Maelstrom787 would do well moderating here.

Ozzy

Reaction score
My autism doesn't jive well with the way the rules are written here. I have moderated on multiple forums over the 20+ years with different styles from almost anything goes to strict rules and never had a problem. This forum tries to integrate strict rules with anything goes attitude and it doesn't work for me as far as moderating goes. I don't do well with guessing when strict rules need to be looked at with grey instead of black and white.
You would do much better than you think. A lot of the help needed is stuff that isn't in a gray area like merging threads, moving posts to the right forum etc and if uncomfortable with the disciplinary stuff you could wait for direction, stay out of that part of it etc. I think you would do very well in some areas that need help.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

I nominated you and Zeb because in all your years of moderating, you seemed very fair, at least to me.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I nominated you and Zeb because in all your years of moderating, you seemed very fair, at least to me.
I was but didn't flow with the vibe of the forum for the reason I gave. Despite what people liked to say, I never allowed my own biases to impact moderating decisions. The moderating logs would fully back that up.