NFL Owners approve ban of hip drop tackling

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
People are being dramatic over this ban. It's banned in Rugby already and that sport didn't die.

xray

Reaction score
The best thing about this ; is that we'll get to see more flags during a game . I hope they put that call under review eligible too . What's the hurry ? ;)

cymatica

Reaction score
The NFL is being managed about as well as the southern border. Wouldn't be surprised if they eventually go gender neutral and force an all soy diet on the players

jeremiah

Reaction score
Time to drop the shoulder pads go back to a leather helmet. Injuries will drop to minimal, no concussions. I mean seriously, most of them happen from the head hitting the artificial turf. Ban that, go to all grass and it will be like back in the olden days.

BGHawk

Reaction score
This will be interpreted by the individual ref and his/her understanding of it. Somebody just come and put one thru my skull. It will screw up the outcome of most games.

jeremiah

Reaction score
This will be interpreted by the individual ref and his/her understanding of it. Somebody just come and put one thru my skull. It will screw up the outcome of most games.
The running back, especially the power RB will have an advantage in this. Any player who gets past initial defenders will be left to go free, except of course if someone gets the angle on the sidelines and forces them out. As much as these players get paid, how much money the NFL makes, they keep screwing with the product. I saw JS and Coach talk about how some guys will make great ST players. WHAT Special Teams are they talking about? Punt team? Different subject I know, but the kickoffs are a joke, and have been for a few years now, but only to get worse.