NFCW Playoff Scenarios for Week 15

Cartire

Reaction score
BlueTalons":inzjbd4g said:
There is a double-edge sword in regards to the Philly-Dallas game. Granted, we want the Hawks to win the division...but what if they don't? Then that is where DALLAS winning the NFCE helps the Hawks as we then own the tie-breaker over Philly in regards to WC but otherwise lose to Dallas if that were the case...and likely OUT of the Playoffs all together (edit: I guess I am giving the Lions too much credit as this also means they win out.) As for OVERALL percentages of just getting INTO the playoff, then a Dallas win is more helpful (a tie in that game is worst case as it improves BOTH teams "tie-breaker" over the Hawks with one less loss...ie 11-4-1 > 11-5.)

With all that said...this team can control what they can control and that is JUST WIN GAMES!!

From what I have done with the predictor, we make at least the wild card if we make it to 11 wins UNLESS Detroit wins out. If Detroit fails to win their division at 12 wins, we take a wildcard spot no matter what the scenario.

Heres the only scenario where we make it to 11 wins and dont make the playoffs. Any other scenario puts us in. http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mac...0554440~2~400554448~1~400554437~1~400554438~1

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Detroit has the #1 defense. Buffalo has the #2 defense.

Green Bay won't win out.

idahawks

Reaction score
BlueTalons":3sfoy138 said:
There is a double-edge sword in regards to the Philly-Dallas game. Granted, we want the Hawks to win the division...but what if they don't? Then that is where DALLAS winning the NFCE helps the Hawks as we then own the tie-breaker over Philly in regards to WC but otherwise lose to Dallas if that were the case...and likely OUT of the Playoffs all together (edit: I guess I am giving the Lions too much credit as this also means they win out.) As for OVERALL percentages of just getting INTO the playoff, then a Dallas win is more helpful (a tie in that game is worst case as it improves BOTH teams "tie-breaker" over the Hawks with one less loss...ie 11-4-1 > 11-5.)

With all that said...this team can control what they can control and that is JUST WIN GAMES!!

True but I'd rather be the #4 division champ than a wild card team. If philly wins we are in the drivers seat for the #2 seed.

JonRud

Reaction score
idahawks":1j3ubp4z said:
BlueTalons":1j3ubp4z said:

True but I'd rather be the #4 division champ than a wild card team. If philly wins we are in the drivers seat for the #2 seed.

Agree we should root for Philly. We need to assume the Hawks can win out (not saying it's easy) and if they do we absolutely want a bye so we want Philly to win that Division because they we have a bye.

I really don't see GB losing a game so I think they're locked into the #1. I would like to think Buffalo can pick them off this week but I don't see it.

Cartire

Reaction score
JonRud":1j654zoi said:
I really don't see GB losing a game so I think they're locked into the #1. I would like to think Buffalo can pick them off this week but I don't see it.

Keep looking, you'll find it.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Were going to the playoffs. It is our destiny. We cannot be stopped. Kam Chancellor and Marshawn Lynch.

Latest posts