.net in emoticons

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
While this is a pretty simplistic representation, it does seem to hold fairly true.

The threads on this board after a loss or even a perceived poorly executed win:
:240039: :argue: :bitenails: :251864: :duel: :dummy: :Dunno: :enraged:

And the threads after a win:
:thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs: :3: :0190l: :179417: :229031_thewave: :beach:

chris98251

Reaction score
Actually if more people used the emotion icons when delivery of a sarcastic comment or a joke I think we would have more peace and less nit picking going on, sometimes a joke or sarcasm doesn't always come across the way the poster intended in type. The emotion Icons give you that hint that it is done with a twist.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
You forgot one that is seen a lot here after a loss: :pukeface:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":jsndr2od said:
Actually if more people used the emotion icons when delivery of a sarcastic comment or a joke I think we would have more peace and less nit picking going on, sometimes a joke or sarcasm doesn't always come across the way the poster intended in type. The emotion Icons give you that hint that it is done with a twist.

I hear ya Chris; but doesn't using a smilie kind of take away from the sarcasm? Heck, half the fun of using sarcasm is having people wonder if you're serious or not.

Example: If I wear to write, "Chris I adore you and want to have your love-child!," Half the folks on this board would be doing a double take and be asking, 'Is he serious?' (I'll never tell.)

But, if I wear to write, "Chris I adore you and want to have you love-child! :mrgreen: ," it would kinda ruin the fun...no?

chris98251

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":26pv6auy said:
:thcoffee:

:sarcasm_on: You should be ashamed, voyeurism of Lymon making overtures to me. :sarcasm_off: