Mike Mayock

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Two of his lines that I will never forget.
"Get Off Me!" and "Are you kidding me?"
His voice made "The Run" beyond epic.
I love Mike Mayock.

A

Anonymous

I found this article written back in Feb of 2012 talking about the best announcing crews...

http://nfl.si.com/2012/02/08/ranking-th ... nce-teams/

Nessler is energetic without being overly excitable, saving his best calls for the moments that necessitate them. His demeanor turned out to be the perfect match for Mayock, who was so good that SI’s Richard Deitsch named him the “Person of the Year” in his annual Media Awards. Not only does Mayock sound extremely prepared each game, but he takes that knowledge and easily translates it to the viewer.

Different play-by-play guy back in 2009, but here's the long version of the Beastquake call...

[youtube]xSZdntRnQVg[/youtube]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Mayock actually sounds like he's into the game when he calls it. That's why he's the best out there.

Coxal

Reaction score
iigakusei":3t6c0cbn said:
Other than saying we drafted Carpenter to be our starting LT and gushing about Bevell - I agree with you.
I remember him saying that we drafted Carpenter to be our starting RT and not LT

rideaducati

Reaction score
I like him because every time I hear him announce a Seahawk game I am reminded of the Beastquake game.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
rideaducati":1too1e4d said:
I like him because every time I hear him announce a Seahawk game I am reminded of the Beastquake game.
^this :th2thumbs:

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":jm902tio said:
I think the Monday night football team of Gruden and Tirico are a joke. Clearly a 2nd string group behind Michaels and Collingsworth.

Well, it's better than when Kornheiser was calling the MNF games. I stopped watching because of him.

bigwrm

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":16podx51 said:
Two of his lines that I will never forget.
"Get Off Me!" and "Are you kidding me?"
His voice made "The Run" beyond epic.
I love Mike Mayock.

Don't forget the "Hooo!!!!!" for Marshawn's stiff-arm. Might be my favorite part.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I always love the broadcasters when the Seahawks win. When the Seahawks lose, the broadcasters always seem like idiots on the team's side.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm with loving on Mayock for the memories of Beastquake. The guy is unafraid to gush about the Hawks when they do something well or are dominating a game, it ain't that easy to find that in a broadcaster.

Unafraid to have an opinion on officiating or things that happen in the game which is such a freaking nice change from the other douchebags we get announcing us. Whether for us or against us I have no problem when he has an opinion.

The Outfield

Reaction score
He also refers to Beast as Beast. That's a rarity among broadcasters.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I've always respected mayock for this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z--8IrzmPow I like analysts who dislike talking about big names and big stories at nausea. I also heard him on the radio how he hates everything being about QB's and New York. And as a broadcaster he's fabulous

Latest posts