Michael or Rawls

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Overseasfan":13gzi36t said:
Right now definitely Michael but when Rawls is 100% healthy he's simply better.

I don't think we've seen enough of either to dfinitively say that, especially considering the sorry O-line play and having had Okung in front of Rawls. Right now I'd say Michael, but I have a feeling they are equally good in different ways and who knows how either will develop over the long run. As for Prosise, I am not impressed at all, and think I'd have kept Collins and Pope and let him be someone else's project.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Tical21":2z54z001 said:
I miss Marshawn.

He is one of a kind, but it seems like his passion isn't in football anymore. I was watching Legarette Blount played today reminded me of Lynch and wished we still had him but at the same time, would he still be the same player.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Michaelwas definitely better today but Rawls with a little more work and getting back in game shape is great too. I got killed in here for banging the table for Michael last year so I'm glad to see him continue his good play. Honestly what a problem to have....two unique very, very good running backs and Prosise is also in the room. Seahawks are going to be fine on offense this year.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
CM was better today as to who the coaching staff will start going forward who knows . CM is the better cut back runner. Rawls is the better power runner. It's a good problem to have.

Hawks46

Reaction score
bigskydoc":ayswsgv7 said:
Rawls, and when he gets fully into game shape it won't even be close. Michael is still trying to hard.

This. Rawls looks more natural and finishes runs nastier. I also honestly think he has better hands.

Michael is more explosive and can bounce stuff outside when needed. He's so worried about ball security that he leaves a lot of yards on the table. I'd rather he play this way than fumble, but I'd like see see him get more polished and finish a little better.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I just really don't understand this running back by committee. I realize that Rawls was hurt and slowly working his way back, but I don't understand why all of a sudden he's in this competition from a running back who has been tossed around from team to team and has only shown skills during one preseason. Is PC really concerned about Rawl's ability to come back to the back he was last year? As much as I have been impressed with CMike's resurgence during training games, I am still much more confident with Rawls running the ball.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":6ab8js4z said:
I just really don't understand this running back by committee. I realize that Rawls was hurt and slowly working his way back, but I don't understand why all of a sudden he's in this competition from a running back who has been tossed around from team to team and has only shown skills during one preseason. Is PC really concerned about Rawl's ability to come back to the back he was last year? As much as I have been impressed with CMike's resurgence during training games, I am still much more confident with Rawls running the ball.

CM's resurgence started last year.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2dt8cvc7 said:
Youz from Missouri, eh? So long as C-Mike stays focused, he'll have a more productive career given his much higher talent. A lot of things in life boil down to being a young dip-ish and then you grow up. Nothing is about what you've done. Only what you're doing. Particularly as it pertains to the almighty dollar.

Own The West

Reaction score
Not enough data. Maybe next game we'll run the ball some...

StoneCold

Reaction score
They both looked good, with Michael having a few more opportunities and longer runs. I was surprised we didn't try to run more in the first half, especially that first series. I'd heard all week that Miami was a terrible run defender and figured we'd hit them early and wear them down for later. Instead we end up with 43 passes and 32 runs. Wonder if that will continue the rest of the season?

Shock2k

Reaction score
Honestly Michael is playing well enough now that I'm really happy to have them both, and am comfortable with the run game if either goes down. We are really fortunate to have so much depth.

Seymour

Reaction score
Michael is much improved, but still plays like a head case at times. Pulls up short on critical plays, and at times is heading for the turf before he is even hit and missing that extra yard that was there for the first down. I get the impression sometimes that he is thrilled to just get the 5 yards and then get down with the ball in his possession.

Rawls, and it's not even close.
There is no competition, Pete is being cautious with him and that is it.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Seymour":18cg2q8y said:
Michael is much improved, but still plays like a head case at times. Pulls up short on critical plays, and at times is heading for the turf before he is even hit and missing that extra yard that was there for the first down. I get the impression sometimes that he is thrilled to just get the 5 yards and then get down with the ball in his possession.

You guys who are so authoritative crack me up! I can see saying you think it's Rawls, but all this "Rawls and it's not even close", well it just looks kinda dumb with such limited playing time under both player's belts. :laugh:

Seymour

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":1tn2dd04 said:
Seymour":1tn2dd04 said:

You guys who are so authoritative crack me up! I can see saying you think it's Rawls, but all this "Rawls and it's not even close", well it just looks kinda dumb with such limited playing time under both player's belts. :laugh:

147 attempts and 830 yards in 7 games started prior to this year is not enough for you to have some idea?

I suggest to keep watching. You may one day figure it out. :snack:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
MrThortan":3rn5ebot said:
Michael had 15 carries, 66 yards, 4.4 average : Receiving 2 catches 5 yards
Rawls had 12 carries, 32 yards, 2.7 average : Receiving 3 catches for 26 yards

One play Michael fell just short of a first down, and I was thinking with Rawls rush style he would have got it.
I didn't catch who was the better blocker. Personally I favor Rawls and think he is the better all around back. I really like the combination of him and Michael together. Would have liked to see the run established earlier in the game.

^This. Both players compliment each other, but Rawls is the better back and fits this system better

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2spzlpka said:

The Seahawks are about open competition, not how someone played last year.

This team has Michael Bennett, Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson as some of its best players. If we just looked at where they were drafted or what they had done the previous year as to how they fit into the team then we wouldn't be where we are today.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Seymour":awghidfo said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":awghidfo said:
Seymour":awghidfo said:

147 attempts and 830 yards in 7 games started prior to this year is not enough for you to have some idea?

There's nothing to figure out, as Michael hasn't had the experience as a #1 for nearly a year. You've proven nothing and your claim about Rawls being definitively better is just your opinion, and has no basis in provable fact. More evidence is needed. Maybe someday you might figure that out. :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":3d9ham8o said:
Seymour":3d9ham8o said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":3d9ham8o said:
Seymour":3d9ham8o said:

There's nothing to figure out, as Michael hasn't had the experience as a #1 for nearly a year. You've proven nothing and your claim about Rawls being definitively better is just your opinion, and has no basis in provable fact. More evidence is needed. Maybe someday you might figure that out. :roll:

Like Sunday 9/18 when Rawls starts and gets the bulk of the carries?

My point here? Rawls did not lose his starting job to injury, he is being eased back into full duty. And 1 game from CMike isn't going to change that.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
if you combine their output, they had an All-Pro caliber game against a strong defensive front.

Latest posts