Max Unger: 95th/100 on NFL Top 100

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
quadsas":4qnbn4te said:
Steve2222":4qnbn4te said:
They said 17 players who played in the NFC West last year made the list. 3 have already made the list. The locks IMO are

Patrick Willis
Navarro Bowman
Aldon Smith
Justin Smith
Frank Gore
Vernon Davis
Colin Kaepernick
Russell Wilson
Richard Sherman
Marshawn Lynch
Earl Thomas
Larry Fitzgerald
Patrick Peterson

That leaves one more player. Hopefully Bobby Wagner.

It's Okung

Hate to break it to ya..

But it's probably Chris Long.

Steve2222

Reaction score
They said OL had the fewest players on the list. And Seattle had the #1 D, I'm sure plenty of players know about Wagner. I also don't think Long makes it this year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1uydgsxh said:
quadsas":1uydgsxh said:
Steve2222":1uydgsxh said:
They said 17 players who played in the NFC West last year made the list. 3 have already made the list. The locks IMO are

Patrick Willis
Navarro Bowman
Aldon Smith
Justin Smith
Frank Gore
Vernon Davis
Colin Kaepernick
Russell Wilson
Richard Sherman
Marshawn Lynch
Earl Thomas
Larry Fitzgerald
Patrick Peterson

That leaves one more player. Hopefully Bobby Wagner.

It's Okung

Hate to break it to ya..

But it's probably Chris Long.

Was going to say Long too.

kearly

Reaction score
I hope Fitzgerald isn't on the list. He may be one of the greatest receivers of his generation, but he was terrible last season. And before anyone gives the QB excuse, he had the same QBs in 2011 and during that season he put up 1400 yards.

And I wouldn't have Vernon Davis in the top 100 either. I say this as someone who drafted Fitz and Davis fairly early in my fantasy football draft last season.

Frank Gore won't be on it. He was maybe the 10th best RB last year.

drdiags

Reaction score
I still doubt the NFLN guys actually get high participation from the players when picking this list. Just like their Top 10 series, it seems pretty subjective. Fitz and Gore are on this list. Revis is still on this list and how in the world did MJD get on, if it is based on "2012" play? None of these guys seem to know what it means to pick a player based on the season played only. One of the players was interviewed who had been hurt most of the season, who was flabbergasted that he wasn't on the list because he had great stats from years prior.

Even NFLN analysts talk about a player's prior seasons play when justifying a sub-performing player's admission into the list. This list is just like the Pro-Bowl.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Gotta remember this list is based on player votes. I would think Crabtree jumped ahead of Davis last year in terms of player rep, but I could be wrong. Would also think a hard hitting safety like Kam Chancellor would have better known rep than a rookie MLB like Bobby. But Goldson barely squeaked in at #96, so that might suggest Kam is out. Gore could get in on pure rep alone like MJD and Polamalu.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
If Trent Williams is on the list, then Okung will be on there, too.

Steve2222

Reaction score
kearly":n3q9xe93 said:
I hope Fitzgerald isn't on the list. He may be one of the greatest receivers of his generation, but he was terrible last season. And before anyone gives the QB excuse, he had the same QBs in 2011 and during that season he put up 1400 yards.

And I wouldn't have Vernon Davis in the top 100 either. I say this as someone who drafted Fitz and Davis fairly early in my fantasy football draft last season.

No way the players leave Fitzgerald off the list. And if Dennis Pitta made the list, no way VD doesnt make the list.

This list is made by the NFL players and nobody else. It isn't based on last years play solely. Its based on reputation, past few years success, and various other factors. The criteria from what I understand is "Name the players you would want on your team going into 2013 from 1 to 20" and thats how you fill out your ballot. Remember, Peyton Manning was #50 overall on the 2012 list even though he didn't play a down in 2011.

Guys like Davis, Gore, and Fitzgerald will easily get the players vote. There's not a shadow of a doubt about it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This post on Seahawks.com seems to suggest who the remaining Seahawks will be:

The Seahawks already have one player in the NFL Network’s Top 100 Players for 2013 and they’re about to get another.

Players No. 90 through No. 81 will be profiled Thursday in the weekly series, which starts at 5 p.m. PT. We know who that player is and where he’s ranked, we just can’t say. But make sure you tune in early to see who it is.

Among the candidates: All-Pro and Pro Bowl free safety Earl Thomas, All-Pro and Pro Bowl running back Marshawn Lynch, All-Pro cornerback Richard Sherman, recently acquired receiver/runner/returner Percy Harvin, Pro Bowl left tackle Russell Okung and Pro Bowl quarterback Russell Wilson.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Steve2222":8nfzqo9y said:
kearly":8nfzqo9y said:

No way the players leave Fitzgerald off the list. And if Dennis Pitta made the list, no way VD doesnt make the list.

This list is made by the NFL players and nobody else. It isn't based on last years play solely. Its based on reputation, past few years success, and various other factors. The criteria from what I understand is "Name the players you would want on your team going into 2013 from 1 to 20" and thats how you fill out your ballot. Remember, Peyton Manning was #50 overall on the 2012 list even though he didn't play a down in 2011.

Guys like Davis, Gore, and Fitzgerald will easily get the players vote. There's not a shadow of a doubt about it.

Came here to say that.