Marshawn Lynch in talks on return with Seahawks, RB says

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I love me some Marshawn, just not sure he is worth the roster spot if he is a 3rd RB.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Im sure he could still do it if he had an effective line in front of him

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Wenhawk":33xj06lm said:
I love me some Marshawn, just not sure he is worth the roster spot if he is a 3rd RB.
Both of our running lead running backs have issues with staying healthy. Penny could potentially be out for much of the upcoming season, and if he does come back chances are pretty good that he won't have the same second gear this year. Even if Penny was healthy I don't see him as a bell cow type of back. He hasn't shown much in the way of durability or consistency.

That leaves us with Homer and two rookies. One of which I can't comment on because he came from a division two school. Not much footage of him out there to watch. That leaves us with Homer and Dallas. Dallas is extremely raw as a running back. He just switched last year from wide receiver and it shows on tape. He doesn't look comfortable just taking the crease yet. Dallas is probably going to be a third down back and special teams player for us initially.

Travis Homer is a good change of pace back, but like Dallas I don't think he is fit for being a number 1 back.

We need a veteran running back. Marshawn Lynch proved he could still be useful. We threw him into a new offense on a limited notice, and he hadn't played for awhile. He was NOT in NFL game shape. He had a little belly going, and while he still looked to be working out it was clear that he wasn't in the shape.

Despite that he still was able to carry guys and turn sure losses into no gain or 1-2 yard gains. He was good in short yardage situations and played admirably despite not taking an NFL snap for well over a year. I would actually be intrigued to see what he could do in a Seahawks uniform with a training camp and offseason workout underneath routine under his belt. I think that Lynch could still be productive.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's pretty awesome that we have a guy like Lynch available if we need him. I don't think they will sign him before the season begins, and if we're lucky then we won't need him at all. Our RB group is just so full of question marks that it would be nuts to rule out the possibility now.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3923z680 said:
Wenhawk":3923z680 said:
Both of our running lead running backs have issues with staying healthy. Penny could potentially be out for much of the upcoming season, and if he does come back chances are pretty good that he won't have the same second gear this year. Even if Penny was healthy I don't see him as a bell cow type of back. He hasn't shown much in the way of durability or consistency.

That leaves us with Homer and two rookies. One of which I can't comment on because he came from a division two school. Not much footage of him out there to watch. That leaves us with Homer and Dallas. Dallas is extremely raw as a running back. He just switched last year from wide receiver and it shows on tape. He doesn't look comfortable just taking the crease yet. Dallas is probably going to be a third down back and special teams player for us initially.

Travis Homer is a good change of pace back, but like Dallas I don't think he is fit for being a number 1 back.

We need a veteran running back. Marshawn Lynch proved he could still be useful. We threw him into a new offense on a limited notice, and he hadn't played for awhile. He was NOT in NFL game shape. He had a little belly going, and while he still looked to be working out it was clear that he wasn't in the shape.

Despite that he still was able to carry guys and turn sure losses into no gain or 1-2 yard gains. He was good in short yardage situations and played admirably despite not taking an NFL snap for well over a year. I would actually be intrigued to see what he could do in a Seahawks uniform with a training camp and offseason workout underneath routine under his belt. I think that Lynch could still be productive.

If are starters are homer and dallas... lunch time lynch would benefit strongly. Not sure why anyone would think he cant be are 3rd and short rb.

seabowl

Reaction score
Translation: Penny will be out a long time.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":29vpur81 said:
Wenhawk":29vpur81 said:

I’d like to have him back.
I said it last year, he brings some intangibles that are “worth it” unless he’s just wanting too much money.

Probably one of the best things he offers IMO, is the fact he treats the young guys very well, I could easily see him playing the mentor role.

xray

Reaction score
He still brings the beef at the goal line so why not?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
His mentorship would be a great asset. I guess my concern is I don't think Marshawn can be a full time back anymore.
If Carson ad Penny are do not return and maintaining their health.

Homer, Dallas, and Lynch is not a backfield i'd feel confident to carry us into a deep playoff run.

If Carson and or Penny can return to form then sprinkling in Lynch would be awesome.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Would definitely welcome our Beast back. I look at it as he is 'only' 34 yrs old, and the last 2 have been easy. With a full season of conditioning that guy has what it takes to make a difference. And it sure isn't as if we don't NEED him. Compare him to what else is available and it's a no brainer so long as the price is right and it doesn't cost us Clowney or Griff, or both. Team first, right ML?

seabowl

Reaction score
Probably needs money after watching that Bar Rescue episode.

:sarcasm_on:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
They are probably just talking with him about filling Penny's spot until he's ready to come back from PUP, then he'll be released. I think he'd be a good choice. Carson is supposed to be ready. Marshawn as a compliment to Carson (even just for goalline carries) would be fun to watch for half a season.

kf3339

Reaction score
It was because of our RB room that I wanted Jonathan Taylor for our late first round pick. Just think what he would look like in our backfield.

Today we have two RB's hurt and neither a guarantee to stay healthy the whole season. Penny will likely be out most if not all season and Carson keeps getting hurt and fumbles too often. Our other RB's are just there. Nothing real special.

So if we can get Beastmode back now he would have three to four months to get ready and could very well be even more effective than late last season. Remember he only had a few weeks to prepare at that time. He may not be the same guy as in his prime, but probably still better than 75% of the RB's in this league. Just don't wait until two weeks before the season to sign him, and let him prepare the right way.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Is it possible that Marshawn is in better shape now than he was last year? I didn't keep up with this training last year or what he's been doing since then. But he seemed a little out of shape last year so I feel like he could have made significant improvements.