Marshawn and Seattle...mutual interest per Ian Rapoport

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeak

Reaction score
The one thing he brings is knowing the system (if he remembers it)

We can sign him and two others for the 49ers game and use the others for the playoffs....

Mizak

Reaction score
He has a lot left in the tank. Get surprised folks.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Largent80":18ov47rz said:
I'm grabbing my crotch thinking about it.
Lol...be nice to see him wear the Jersey one last time. I say why not...as others have said there is zero harm at this point and could maybe boost morale for the team.

kmeleon

Reaction score
Cyrus12":b3p3gmjf said:
Largent80":b3p3gmjf said:
Lol...be nice to see him wear the Jersey one last time. I say why not...as others have said there is zero harm at this point and could maybe boost morale for the team.

Morale boost...you think?

The F'n roof would blow off that place (if the Clink had one) if he trots out there on Sunday night! That place will be insane! :49ersmall:

pmedic920

Reaction score
kmeleon":2a33n0ht said:
Cyrus12":2a33n0ht said:
Largent80":2a33n0ht said:

Morale boost...you think?

The F'n roof would blow off that place (if the Clink had one) if he trots out there on Sunday night! That place will be insane! :49ersmall:

I dint think anyone is denying a “morale boost”, and I tend to agree with your assessment.

I think the consensus is, that we shouldn’t expect a lot of production.

Truthfully I’ve been fantasizing a bit.

I’ve been envisioning him helping us to the Superb Owl, and winning the game for us on a 1 yard walk off, junk grabbing run.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3r1einxu said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28359335/pete-carroll-says-there-really-good-chance-seahawks-sign-rb-marshawn-lynch

Well sounds like if he passes a physical it's a done deal. Also bringing in Turbin today...yuck.

Yuck, I get it but we need bodies.
Neither of these choices can hurt us IMHO

kmeleon

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2ji3htgm said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28359335/pete-carroll-says-there-really-good-chance-seahawks-sign-rb-marshawn-lynch

Well sounds like if he passes a physical it's a done deal. Also bringing in Turbin today...yuck.

That article makes it sound like this has been in the works. He's been working really hard...thinks he has 4 or 5 games left.... Oh how I hope he's actually been preparing for this! We shall see soon enough.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
kmeleon":dj4dek78 said:
Cyrus12":dj4dek78 said:

That article makes it sound like this has been in the works. He's been working really hard...thinks he has 4 or 5 games left.... Oh how I hope he's actually been preparing for this! We shall see soon enough.

Agreed. He must of known a while back to get into shape. I just thought he was selling shirts and hats snd smoking weed....not expecting him to save the season but it will be a trip down memory lane. Hopefully he still has a beast mode left in him.

irfuben32

Reaction score
I legit just got tears in my eyes thinking about the ovation Lynch would get stepping onto the field with the Seahawks again.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1oc9knge said:
SanDiego49er":1oc9knge said:
Is he even in football shape? He hasn't played in a long time. It seems very unrealistic to bring in a guy who hasn't played in a long time and may not even be in shape for week 17.

Marahawn made a visit a few weeks back. If he were not in shape, they would not be pursuing this. The staff saw something to say he could still play.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1205243607529115648[/tweet]
:cry:

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
mikeak":2004d30x said:
The one thing he brings is knowing the system (if he remembers it)

I would think , "Go right-or left(?)...there won't be much for blocking, so drag as many guys as far as you can" would be pretty easy to remember.

massari

Reaction score
Seems like they need two RB's now

Maybe Lynch and Alex Collins/CJ Anderson

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Condetta said 12/12 that Lynch just showed up at VMAC to visit "friends" and Hawks had no interest in resigning him.

That was BS. You don't go to VMAC just to say hey, you go there to get evaluated. Something was probably said that incented him to work out.

That said, no matter how much both sides want Lynch to play, he's gotta pass the piss test. Popeye saw Lynch on Friday and said he looked as baked as an apple fritter. If we're talking weed, that could be a detectable into January and if he gives a sample that'll get deemed too dilute, he'll get dinged for that too.

pmedic920

Reaction score
massari":3banyeyd said:
Seems like they need two RB's now

Maybe Lynch and Alex Collins

Think I’ve heard Turbin mentioned.

Regardless we need the bodies, and bringing in guys that already know (or used to know) the verbiage and system makes more sense that starting from scratch, even it that guy may have a slight talent edge.

RCATES

Reaction score
As far as how much this will help the team Offensively it’s hard to say. Lynch will be fresh which has some appeal even at his age. I know one thing. The Clink will be hopping on Sunday and I can’t wait to be there.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Maybe the Seahawks knew they might need him and that’s what the visit was about. Oh, and there’s this gem..

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1209170987905945600[/tweet]

pmedic920

Reaction score
This all brings up a scenario in my mind.

If in fact we sign Lynch and he plays for us again, do y’all think he will go back to the Raiders for a “one day deal” in order to stay officially a Raider?

sutz

Reaction score
It's not like there's a lot of options out there. :229031_shrug:

Gotta love the "feel good" aspect of it. As for knowing the system, we're in the 2d year of Schotty running things, so that doesn't really apply, at least for the real complicated aspects of it. But if he's willing to take a spin on a 'reconciliation tour' I could dig it. Hell, he could certainly figure out a "TB left, TB right" "find the open hole" system.

:179417: :0190l: :179417: :0190l: :179417: :0190l:

Status
Not open for further replies.