Malik Willis' debut

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
What did you think of his performance in their preseason opener?

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
He was okay for a preseason game. I absolutely watched because I deemed it better than the other game that was playing.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He did well enough I was a little annoyed we let him fall that far. We needed a QB.

He didn't light things up. But he looked palatable.

We have effing Geno. But whatever, if we get a decent QB later maybe I will feel better later.

Last edited:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
He did well enough I was a little annoyed we let him fall that far. We needed a QB.

He didn't light things up. But he looked palatable.

We have effing Geno. But whatever, if we get a decent QB later maybe I will feel better later.
Malik Willis looked like a hot mess, he didn't look like an NFL passer. His accuracy was all over the place and he should have been picked. Pocket awareness was non-existent, he looked exactly like the guy that was at Liberty. A hot mess that was able to make a few wow plays. He needs at least a year or two before he becomes an NFL caliber passer.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Malik Willis looked like a hot mess, he didn't look like an NFL passer. His accuracy was all over the place and he should have been picked. Pocket awareness was non-existent, he looked exactly like the guy that was at Liberty. A hot mess that was able to make a few wow plays. He needs at least a year or two before he becomes an NFL caliber passer.
IF he ever does.

toffee

Reaction score
Malik need to watch a ton of film on Russ, and fashion himself after Mr. Unlimited. As is, he is a Mr. Limited.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Just about what you'd expect from Malik Willis. He got pulled for not actually executing the concepts as called. Obviously the more talented option than Woodside, but has absolutely zero acumen as a structured passer and will be a complete project in that regard.

Like, a COMPLETE project.

toffee

Reaction score
Just about what you'd expect from Malik Willis. He got pulled for not actually executing the concepts as called. Obviously the more talented option than Woodside, but has absolutely zero acumen as a structured passer and will be a complete project in that regard.

Like, a COMPLETE project.
wow, "not executing the concepts as called?", he can only do that if he were Russ with unlimited prowess.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Titans staff kind of threw him under the bus in the press conference too. They pulled him because they wanted to see him make progressive reads before he took off running.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I was not someone who said we should grab him but probably should have since he fell into the third round. So we could have given him a whole season to fail and grow and then next year have some actual expectations. As is we are set up to fail anyway with subpar QBs and will likely draft a QB after this year and then NEXT year will be a rookie QB season.

im not sure what you all expect from a rookie QB in his first pre season game not even playing with the first unit

Death

Reaction score
As a fellow Liberty football alum myself I want Malik to succeed and I think he can if the Titans stay patient with him.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Some of you watched a different game. Of course, he missed progressions, he was at Liberty. What matters is potential combined with ability. You wouldn't pick him over Geno? Then you are insane.
Willis looked palatable, even with the mistakes.
He had some misses, like that pass to the FB but he had some decent plays too. It wasn't exactly a massive sample size.

And he has promise...something Geno doesn't have.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The rookie for ATL, Riddler, doesn’t look that great tonight. It will be interesting to see how these QBs look during the regular season, but I’m guessing JS and Pete made the right decision to not draft any of them.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Some of you watched a different game. Of course, he missed progressions, he was at Liberty. What matters is potential combined with ability. You wouldn't pick him over Geno? Then you are insane.
Willis looked palatable, even with the mistakes.
He had some misses, like that pass to the FB but he had some decent plays too. It wasn't exactly a massive sample size.

And he has promise...something Geno doesn't have.
The question is not, would you take him over Geno? The question is, would you take Willis plus the best nonQB player available at our 1st round pick in 2023 over Abe Lucas and the best QB available when we pick in the 1st round of 2023? And, that doesn't account for the possibility that a better QB than Willis falls to the 2nd or 3rd round next year, which skews things even more in favor of passing on Willis in favor of Lucas and a 2023 QB.

samwize77

Reaction score
Meh...regardless of the x' and o's....he just looked slow...sluggish. He needs time.

Scout

Reaction score
I liked what I saw from Willis but he is a raw prospect. Vrabel put it best that you have to throw to the open players when they are open.