scutterhawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1l0ip16b said:
ivotuk":1l0ip16b said:
Tical21":1l0ip16b said:
sutz":1l0ip16b said:
And the usual band of idiots shows up.

:34853_doh:
Back when I studied a lot more tape than I do now, he literally had the worst tape I had ever seen at the NFL level. I'm assuming he fixed some of what I saw. But there was a whole lot of jog 5 yards, turn around and find the ball and watch. Both in the run game and running routes. It was just bizarre. I don't know how he got onto the field after reviewing that. And it wasn't one week. If was the better part of the '14 season. IMO, the idiots are the guy responsible for bringing him back, and those applauding the move. And you could argue fairly reasonably that techno Thursday was the beginning of the end.

I don't understand this. Are you saying that you know better than John and Pete when it comes to judging NFL talent?

When we get on this rant about the coaches knowing better I would agree but remember, this is the coach that kept Tom Cable around for how many years?
Cable's O-Line Coaching was pretty good in the first couple years...(Until the NFL decided to put a stop to his style of Run Blocking), THAT is exactly why Pete brought him in, he kept him a couple years PAST his usefulness, out of his respect for the guy.
Even though he was given ample time to adapt, Cable just couldn't make the transition to the new rule changes.

xray

Reaction score
Hey FO are you gonna do a Brady Bunch reunion ? Percy ain't doin nuttin...ring him up... :stirthepot:

D

DomeHawk

scutterhawk":2spqeiy9 said:
DomeHawk":2spqeiy9 said:
ivotuk":2spqeiy9 said:
Tical21":2spqeiy9 said:
Back when I studied a lot more tape than I do now, he literally had the worst tape I had ever seen at the NFL level. I'm assuming he fixed some of what I saw. But there was a whole lot of jog 5 yards, turn around and find the ball and watch. Both in the run game and running routes. It was just bizarre. I don't know how he got onto the field after reviewing that. And it wasn't one week. If was the better part of the '14 season. IMO, the idiots are the guy responsible for bringing him back, and those applauding the move. And you could argue fairly reasonably that techno Thursday was the beginning of the end.

I don't understand this. Are you saying that you know better than John and Pete when it comes to judging NFL talent?

When we get on this rant about the coaches knowing better I would agree but remember, this is the coach that kept Tom Cable around for how many years?
Cable's O-Line Coaching was pretty good in the first couple years...(Until the NFL decided to put a stop to his style of Run Blocking), THAT is exactly why Pete brought him in, he kept him a couple years PAST his usefulness, out of his respect for the guy.
Even though he was given ample time to adapt, Cable just couldn't make the transition to the new rule changes.

Dude, you have missed your calling, you should be writing political spin, lol.

[Warren Sharp]Tom Cable is an O-Line coach. His line's rank in pass pro:
06 ATL: 31
07 OAK: 27
08 OAK: 30
09 OAK: 31
10 OAK: 26
11 SEA: 24*
12 SEA: 20
13 SEA: 32
14 SEA: 24
15 SEA: 30
16 SEA: 25
17 SEA: 25
18 OAK: 25

Pretty good? He's a freaking train wreck.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/c ... his_lines/

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I thought he was really effective when used as a lead blocker, motioning into the backfield like a fullback. Curious to see if they try that out some more.

sutz

Reaction score
EmbattleTheeHawks":1homumqm said:
2 Receptions on 2 Targets, 26 yrds, one third down conversion on a good diving catch.

Welcome back Luke.
Indeed, welcome back. :irishdrinkers:

xray

Reaction score
He makes a " Baldwin catch " in the game . :0190l:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":38os9leh said:
scutterhawk":38os9leh said:
DomeHawk":38os9leh said:
ivotuk":38os9leh said:

PAY ATTENTION!, Pete brought Cable in for his ability to get his Offensive Linemen to open up RUNNING LANES, AND, Cable did just that, he wasn't hired to Coach up PASS PROTECTION, some around here were happy as hell when Pete's Run Game became one of the best in the League though, WERE THEY NOT?
The NFL tied Cables hands behind his back, and his blocking style got bit in the ass.
Even now our O-Line cannot pass block ( enter George Fant ) Russ was WAY too mobile for the O-Line to give him much protection ( maybe if they had rear view mirrors attached to their helmets )
What was that old phrase going around here a few years back?, oh yeah, "what we need is a few more DIRTBAGS on the O-Line".
That is where Cable shined, and Marshawn Lynch thrived.....Good enough to get us to TWO Big Dances, and winning our FIRST EVER SUPER BOWL.....Like it or not, Tom Cable was part of that.
And Oh Yeah, Luke Wilson is a damned decent blocker, and can catch, I'm glad to see him back :irishdrinkers:

JGreen79

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3ockqg55 said:
DomeHawk":3ockqg55 said:

PAY ATTENTION!, Pete brought Cable in for his ability to get his Offensive Linemen to open up RUNNING LANES, AND, Cable did just that, he wasn't hired to Coach up PASS PROTECTION, some around here were happy as hell when Pete's Run Game became one of the best in the League though, WERE THEY NOT?
The NFL tied Cables hands behind his back, and his blocking style got bit in the ass.
Even now our O-Line cannot pass block ( enter George Fant ) Russ was WAY too mobile for the O-Line to give him much protection ( maybe if they had rear view mirrors attached to their helmets )
What was that old phrase going around here a few years back?, oh yeah, "what we need is a few more DIRTBAGS on the O-Line".
That is where Cable shined, and Marshawn Lynch thrived.....Good enough to get us to TWO Big Dances, and winning our FIRST EVER SUPER BOWL.....Like it or not, Tom Cable was part of that.
And Oh Yeah, Luke Wilson is a damned decent blocker, and can catch, I'm glad to see him back :irishdrinkers:

And here are the ranks for what he was actually brought in for... (Run Blocking for those that didn't know)

06 ATL: 19
07 OAK: 13
08 OAK: 25
09 OAK: 25
10 OAK: 15
11 SEA: 19
12 SEA: 4
13 SEA: 9
14 SEA: 4
15 SEA: 4
16 SEA: 26
17 SEA: 31
18 OAK: 13

Luke is just as good if not better than Vannett. Basically they just got a draft pick for a player that already has chemistry with Russ.

Ruminator

Reaction score
The ability to have two sizable TEs on the field at times is pretty sweet. During the Cardinals game, I loved seeing Willson and Dissly out there together, sending a message to the D that they're to be accounted for.

olyfan63

Reaction score
ChiefHawk":2lnma7w2 said:
Just a side note, but the Seahawks have never won a Superbowl without Luke Willson on the roster.
You can look that one up.
Championship.

OMG, I looked it up, and it's true!! I was gonna say the same about Sweezy, never won a SB without him in our O-Line, but then I noticed Sweezy in a Cardinals uniform trying and failing badly to run down Clowney on Clowney's pick 6. Darn good thing we got Willson back!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Luke looks good. Will and Luke have a connection with Russ.
Seahawks firm of Wilson, Willson and Will Dissley should be fun.

StoneCold

Reaction score
He has had the dropsies on occasion but has also made some clutch catches. Made one Thursday night as a matter of fact. That said it's a sideways move from Vannet, we get a 5th and we have Dickson coming off IR in a week or so. I'd say our TE position is looking good. {insert butt.jpg}

Seymour

Reaction score
ChiefHawk":3nvuo5z5 said:
I glad he's back.

Just a side note, but the Seahawks have never won a Superbowl without Luke Willson on the roster.

You can look that one up.

Championship.

Also never won one without Cabevell..... :3-1: