Looks like Russ is back

cymatica

Reaction score
LTH":2cvjlbq1 said:
cymatica":2cvjlbq1 said:
LTH":2cvjlbq1 said:
SoulfishHawk":2cvjlbq1 said:
He didn't stop being a great QB. Not sure why people are surprised by what they saw. He's still damn good.
And yes, he was struggling.

I've said this so many times...Every great QB goes through issues ...the QB's that are great, are the QB's that swallow their ego and make the adjustments they need to make to win... essentially working through the adversity of the situation. at least through the last game, Wilson has done that, and it seems as though Carroll has done that as well by simplifying the offense and getting Wilson to buy in... at this point in the season what more could anybody want.

I think this team is turning. maybe a bit to late but it's happening... let's hope they can win out and somehow make the playoffs if that happens it's a new ball game.

Holmgren used to say all you have to do is make the playoffs then ANYTHING can happen. at this point they make the play off it would exceed expectation for the crappy year

LTH

He was not ready for the Green bay and Arizona game and it was a big coaching failure to start him or at least not bench him

Depends on your perspective...We are not doctors. could have been he was experiencing intermittent numbness in his hand and that was the issue, or it could have been he was just out of rhythm or a combination of both we don't have the information to make that determination. but its your opinion... Ok...

LTH

Don't need to be a doctor, I watched the games. His accuracy was way off, they even admitted to not running plays under center because of the injury, and the offense scored 0 points in Green bay. That's not my opinion, that is reality.

I don't buy the out of rhythm excuse either. He looked fine the first game of the season after almost no preseason snaps and backups jump in all the time and have rhythm. If he was that out of rhythm due to being unable to practice, then that was a massive coaching failure when you have a capable backup who was starting to gel with the offense.

You can make excuses all you want, Pete blew the season by not pulling Wilson when he obviously was not ready.