Lockett (no E)

Rob12

Reaction score
northseahawk":3vuz9a9l said:
Wilson is the reason. Last week Lock could of had 2 easy tds and this week another one on that long play, but Wilson is constantly over throwing or under throwing. If this guy had a real qb who could throw, he would be the talk of nfl now.

Your posts are pathetic.

sutz

Reaction score
Here I thought the kid was being pretty smart, not running kicks out of the EZ from 9 yards deep and FC-ing on punts when the coverage is already in his face as the ball comes down. :laugh:

The other teams watch film, too. They adjust for dynamic kick/punt returners to minimize his impact. I expect Lock to do some more this year, I just don't expect it every time he touches the ball.

Not that I want to act all reasonable and things. ;)

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Teams are well aware of Lockett and are intentionally kicking it away from him. You can see him smiling and laughing a lot when it happens and I think it's cuz he's proud that he's already part of opposing team's gameplans.

As far as having good returns, part of what makes him so good is getting a running start and catching it in stride...except that it caused a turnover the other week.

Giving the other team the ball so close to the endzone practically cancels out one of his return TDs.

I think with Pete's emphasis on ball security Lockett has been advised a little bit on what he can and cannot do. I am not against it if it prevents turnovers.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Fans want everyone of our players to be HOFs in their rookie year for some reason.

Opposing teams are well aware of what you can't do against the kid. They are kicking the ball with a longer hang time too as well to make sure their guys can get to him, and it seems like it's been working for them in some instances. On the other hand we are getting a much better position due to some kicks that land in the 30s.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":ktsfplwi said:
As a receiver, he's poetry in motion. :twisted:
Yes, he is, and he runs crisp routes. He's still learning the NFL speed, but I think the kid is off to a great start.
He is going to be good for a long time.

Fade

Reaction score
seabowl":n2gto8wi said:
My OP was about his returning not WR play. Sorry to not have specified.
You have to be careful on this forum a lot of the posters don't get it :lol: . --> Not all, just a lot. (clarifying for our brethren.)

What I see is punters are kicking the ball higher, and angling the punts not to give Lockett any space to return. The Kickoffs haven't been favorable for good returns either really.

I think it is one of the things to least worry about with this team, Lockett is one of the best returners in the league. The bigger worry for me is how Lockett is on the bench a lot of the time in favor of Kearse in 2 receiver sets. That is bad coaching, planning, scheming, and evaluation right there.

PS: I'm not arguing with anyone who thinks Kearse is better than Lockett. I will just have a good laugh.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Fade":1m4opmln said:
PS: I'm not arguing with anyone who thinks Kearse is better than Lockett. I will just have a good laugh.

YnAGAcp
F95Nfe4

andy-kaufman-o.gif

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Hahaha I love that this has been sitting here for 3 hours. I goddam love this place.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Just for fun I am going to list these in reverse order.

Top Seahawks receivers last game.

Rawls 2 catches for 9 yards and 0 TD's.

Baldwin 2 catches for 19 yards and 0 TD's.

Graham 2 catches for 31 yards and 0 TD's.

Jackson 4 catches for 33 yards and 0 TD's.

Kearse 3 catches for 64 yards and 0 TD's.

Lockett 5 catches for 79 yards and 1 TD.

Yup he is way ahead of where P-Rich was last year and looks to be coming on strong. Wilson and Lockett are still getting their in game timing down or Lockett could possibly have a couple more TD's but as that timing improves look out. This guy was worth the investment and might just be the steal of the draft.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
seabowl":tuczzoqs said:
Lockett came out like a bat out of hell this year but lately he has been so so. Not sure what the difference is but not the same player as he was during the preseason and first few games. Thoughts?
I honestly think part of the problem is that Pete Carroll has been "coaching him up" too much.

Early in the season, Carroll kept going on about how if Lockett gets up a full head of steam before he catches the ball on a kickoff or punt, well then "he's unstoppable"!

The week after he said this, Lockett muffed a punt when he was CLEARLY trying to catch the ball on the run.

Look - Lockett has innate talent doing his return thing, and he the last thing he needs is for someone like Carroll to try to coach him up!

Latest posts