Lions forum meltdown

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rjdriver":19kg9y8q said:
I feel for them. I know what it's like when a big time franchise has help from the league.

I also want to know why Dez wasn't flagged for coming off the bench to argue the call on the field. Isn't that unsportsmanlike conduct?
Diva didn't get a penalty because he's "the NFL Golden boy" at his position. Why does he get away with so much OPI? the NFL is like the NBA when it comes to officiating and the "superstars" can get away with just about anything.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CPHawk":13klt9zz said:
Wasn't it the Detroit fans who made Super Bowl XL a home game for the steelers?
No, stealer fans travel well and it's like a 4 hour drive from Pissburgh to Detroit.

Jville

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":11xj3c01 said:
CPHawk":11xj3c01 said:
No, stealer fans travel well and it's like a 4 hour drive from Pissburgh to Detroit.

So do officials.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2b6uwd3l said:
Honestly, prior to that hideous call, the refs had been screwing over Dallas mercilessly. And you all know how much I hate Dallas, so they were getting screwed over pretty bad....I liked it :)

I would agree with this. Early in the game I was thinking "wow they really want Seattle to have to play Detroit over Carolina enough to screw over the Cowboys?"

CHawk

Reaction score
Just went on and checked the site - Pissburg fan posted that Lions got hosed by the calls, talk about calling the kettle black.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":25w41hxn said:

Well turning a 5 into a 6 could be easily done if he wants to bank it for next year. But yeah if that doesn't pan out better hope they could do it in 2018.

He could also just change the word "Champs" to "Chumps" lol

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":4mkj67fl said:
rjdriver":4mkj67fl said:
I feel for them. I know what it's like when a big time franchise has help from the league.

I also want to know why Dez wasn't flagged for coming off the bench to argue the call on the field. Isn't that unsportsmanlike conduct?
Diva didn't get a penalty because he's "the NFL Golden boy" at his position. Why does he get away with so much OPI? the NFL is like the NBA when it comes to officiating and the "superstars" can get away with just about anything.

This pretty much sums it up. Dallas held so much on that last drive I thought I was watching fights between two hockey teams.

Seafan

Reaction score
There were 3 penalties on that play.

Defensive holding.

Defensive pass interference.

Unsportsmanlike conduct on Bryant.

Three penalties, all ignored.

To Detroit all I can say is "karma baby". Your city and mayor sucked during XL. You get what you deserve.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Jville":2pk4v9r7 said:
Sports Hernia":2pk4v9r7 said:
CPHawk":2pk4v9r7 said:

So do officials.
Yeah the guy that called OPI on D-Jack that was born and raised and still resided in Pissburgh, PA took his motor home and partied with Stealer fans for several days before the game.

I'd drop in the "sarcasm off" thingy here, but since it's actually possible, I'm leaving it out.

NINEster

Reaction score
Dez Bryant had his helmet off the whole time (defense was on the field).

So he never "took off his helmet".