Leslie Frazier Hired As Assistant HC

CanHawksFan

Reaction score
Quote:

"Frazier has been in the NFL since 1999, and that experience should be vital for a first-year head coach in Macdonald. Before landing in Buffalo, Frazier was a secondary coach for the Baltimore Ravens (2016), defensive coordinator for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2014-2015), Minnesota Vikings (2007-2010) and Cincinnati Bengals (2003). He was also the interim head coach for the Vikings in 2010 before earning the role full-time in 2011 and was the head coach for three seasons. Frazier was also a defensive backs coach for the Indianapolis Colts (2005-2006) and Philadelphia Eagles (1999-2002).

Before entering the coaching ranks, Frazier played for the Chicago Bears as a defensive back for six seasons (1981-1986)."

Source >>> https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/b...ks-coach-mike-macdonald-defensive-coordinator

Looks like he led that spectacular defence of the 1985 Bears with 6 interceptions. So the guy has great experience both playing on and coaching excellent defences.

Parallax

Reaction score
Looks like he led that spectacular defence of the 1985 Bears with 6 interceptions. So the guy has great experience both playing on and coaching excellent defences.
That's what I was thinking. That this guy was an important cog on one of the best defenses to ever play the game. That "85 Bears team was incredible.

Jville

Reaction score

Frazier has had a year off to reflect on his career and league trends. We've seen examples of both coaches and players come back stronger after benefiting from a year of recovery from the league. Leslie Frazier still has that goal of winning a super bowl on his bucket list.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Leslie had his choice of places to go and left a very successful stint with the Bills voluntarily. This is an excellent, excellent hire. Macdonald is obviously respected.

Leslie was a potential head coach for us if we hadn't gotten Carroll in 2010. He's the steady hand Macdonald will need as he transitions into his first head coaching role.

Parallax

Reaction score
Leslie had his choice of places to go and left a very successful stint with the Bills voluntarily. This is an excellent, excellent hire. Macdonald is obviously respected.

Leslie was a potential head coach for us if we hadn't gotten Carroll in 2010. He's the steady hand Macdonald will need as he transitions into his first head coaching role.
Here's something I can agree with. Great hire. First MacDonald and now this dude.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is not the place to talk about someone’s reasoning for banning. If you two wish to discuss it please do so in PM.

Parallax

Reaction score
This is not the place to talk about someone’s reasoning for banning. If you two wish to discuss it please do so in PM.
Fair enough. Is there a place to read the rules? If so, I'd like to read them so I can be sure not to run afoul. Communities can be extremely different from one another and it's not always obvious what the expectations are.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fair enough. Is there a place to read the rules? If so, I'd like to read them so I can be sure not to run afoul. Communities can be extremely different from one another and it's not always obvious what the expectations are.

Indeed. Here you go. Mostly common sense stuff. Discussing issues with mods or bannings should be relegated to PMs only.

bigcc

Reaction score
Has there ever been an assistant HC that wasn't a coordinator? I don't know if I've ever seen that before

Think it's a great move, just not sure if it's as unusual as I think it is