Lang visited (UPDATE: signs with Lions)

Largent80

Reaction score
ChickenLittle72":32esr4zf said:
Largent80":32esr4zf said:
ChickenLittle72":32esr4zf said:
Largent80":32esr4zf said:
Thanks for mentioning me in your avatar. I'm sure you are handsome, however, I'm married. Sorry.

I'm no quitter

OK, start with a box of chocolates and a case of beer, and we'll talk.

You didnt like the flowers?[/quote]

They tasted great, thanks.

IrishNW

Reaction score
nash72":31w0ksoy said:
IrishNW":31w0ksoy said:
Prove that our superbowl window is closing...

Isnt the team doing a pretty good job proving it themselves. Cant make it out of the 2nd round in the playoffs and not just losing anymore, but getting destroyed. Expect more of the same or worse this coming season.

when we stop making the playoffs every year then you can complain. seahawk fans are such pessimist

nash72

Reaction score
IrishNW":2hd4qg4w said:
nash72":2hd4qg4w said:
IrishNW":2hd4qg4w said:

Isnt the team doing a pretty good job proving it themselves. Cant make it out of the 2nd round in the playoffs and not just losing anymore, but getting destroyed. Expect more of the same or worse this coming season.

when we stop making the playoffs every year then you can complain. seahawk fans are such pessimist

Whats the point if you cant move forward. Making the playoffs by default since the West is horrible does not qualify one as a Superbowl favorite. All it does is seem to fool some people around here. Why people settle for just making the playoffs is beyond me. I want a serious contender and this team isnt right now.

Largent80

Reaction score
nash72":2aqy7mhr said:
IrishNW":2aqy7mhr said:
nash72":2aqy7mhr said:
IrishNW":2aqy7mhr said:

Whats the point if you cant move forward. Making the playoffs by default since the West is horrible does not qualify one as a Superbowl favorite. All it does is seem to fool some people around here. Why people settle for just making the playoffs is beyond me. I want a serious contender and this team isnt right now.

Why do you call yourself nash72 but have MY jersey as your avatar.

You are a stalker aren't you?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
nash72":1yccfgu6 said:
IrishNW":1yccfgu6 said:

Isn't that what all fans ultimately want?

I think most are showing faith in PC/JS to get back on the "good decision" side of things to make that happen.

I'm not arrogant enough to think that me wanting them to sign Lang automatically makes him a panacea. If it turned out to be a bad decision, this board would have been screaming that too.

"Can we make a good decision!?!...Can we...Come on guys...please!"

Rat

Reaction score
Would have been nice, but that was longshot. Lang is from Michigan and probably grew up dreaming about playing for the Lions. That was going to take one unbelievable sell job, and it sounds like we at least had him thinking. In the end, they could offer something we couldn't.

It probably also didn't help that we were only marginally better than the Lions last year.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
King Dog":3tnu8452 said:
pcbball12":3tnu8452 said:
They had him here for two days. They weren't able to close the deal. He signed with someone else. We blew it.

You can't hold a fricking gun to a guys head and make them sign. These are human beings we are talking about where a ton of factors are at play. The guy is from Michigan, obvious he just wanted to go home if money was close or equal. It doesn't matter how good your pitch is sometimes, you can't force guys to sign with you.

For whatever reason, our FO couldn't make the sale so to speak. That's part of their job. He signed elsewhere.

I don't think the FO ever intended to sign him. It's not PC/JS' way to sign big honkin' free agents after a week of media hoopla. They play things quiet and their signings end up being a surprise to us.

Pete and John were just jacking up the price for whoever did sign him. There really is football that gets played in March.

Jville

Reaction score
Well ..... I for one think Lang made the right decision.

Lang may have extended his career by choosing to pass block for Mathew Stafford rather than Russell Wilson.

And, his decision is a quick follow on to Russell Okung's choice of Philip Rivers over Russell Wilson.

anonFAFA

Reaction score
King Dog":3b4vlawp said:
pcbball12":3b4vlawp said:
They had him here for two days. They weren't able to close the deal. He signed with someone else. We blew it.

You can't hold a fricking gun to a guys head and make them sign. These are human beings we are talking about where a ton of factors are at play. The guy is from Michigan, obvious he just wanted to go home if money was close or equal. It doesn't matter how good your pitch is sometimes, you can't force guys to sign with you.

For whatever reason, our FO couldn't make the sale so to speak. That's part of their job. He signed elsewhere.

Is the signing of a player the only measurement of success? Would you consider signing Lang to $25M a year a success if he came to Seattle? I bet if PCJS went that route, he'd be a Seahawk day before yesterday.

TAB420

Reaction score
$9.5M average for 3 years with $19M fully guaranteed, source said. Rumon is that's the number Seattle offered, and the Lions matched it. That's means he wanted Detroit all along.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
IrishNW":26z53zm1 said:
LegendKiller":26z53zm1 said:
IrishNW":26z53zm1 said:
LegendKiller":26z53zm1 said:
Welp, cheers to more of the same from last year. Picked up a former second round pick who has been injured and never lived up to expectation and now we are going to draft a rookie starting corner. JS and PC need to study how the pats playbthe draft and FA and get rid of players who are going to want an insane amount of money or are a significant cap hit. Seems like we can't get anything right with this o line. The team is getting older and progressively worse since we won the Super Bowl.

overreact much? we didnt sign a 30 year old guard ccoming off injury so the world is ending

Ummm, have you seen the past 2 seasons? Our players are getting older, suffering more injuries, o line is getting worse and hate to break the news to you but the reality is our Super Bowl window is closing. We really needed to make some aggressive moves on o line this offseason and we failed to do that. Sorry to hit you with the reality of things. We just paid Joeckel $7 mill

Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
and by the way, if nothing changes, expect more of the same or even things getting worse. At least JS and PC recognize and admit our o-line and run game have been our major short comings.

TAB420

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":277negf2 said:
Rapoport says the deal averages 9.5m per year. 19m guaranteed.

Really we still don't know. It's telling us his making 28.5 millions over three years. But it its front loaded that could be 15-10-3.5...right?

OpHawk

Reaction score
overreact much? we didnt sign a 30 year old guard ccoming off injury so the world is ending[/quote]

Ummm, have you seen the past 2 seasons? Our players are getting older, suffering more injuries, o line is getting worse and hate to break the news to you but the reality is our Super Bowl window is closing. We really needed to make some aggressive moves on o line this offseason and we failed to do that. Sorry to hit you with the reality of things. We just paid Joeckel $7 mill[/quote]

Prove that our superbowl window is closing...[/quote]

Since XLIX our record has been getting progressively worse. Players are getting older. More players are getting injured. More issues are coming up....o-line has been getting worse and now one of the worst in the league. Running game has been a disaster due to o-line and Lynch leaving. Our defense isn't as stout as it once was due to FA and injuries. We now don't have a starting CB opposite Sherm. These are all MAJOR issues. No run game, no o-line, older players, injuries...these are all critical shortcomings that NO team can overcome and win a Super Bowl without fixing. Not a pessimist, I'm a realist. Can't deny the facts.[/quote]

Agree with this.

Top it off with the abysmal drafting the last few years.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/841025079857315842[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/tomsilverstein/status/841022718187204608[/tweet]

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
LegendKiller":14t1hjo7 said:
and by the way, if nothing changes, expect more of the same or even things getting worse. At least JS and PC recognize and admit our o-line and run game have been our major short comings.

Yep. My excitement for the next season is already fizzling.

Same tired schemes, same line stuggles, Wilson running for his life, offensive ineptitude, Richard not getting creative and our zone getting shredded, no running game, not forcing turnovers.

Sigh.

TAB420

Reaction score
So the Pack only wanted to give Lang 6.5 guaranteed. That could speak volumes.