Kurt Warner video analysis of Geno

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Why Wilson rushed back from finger injury to deny Geno the opportunity.
I've given some thought to that, and am actually glad that Russ did that; why? because I believe that Pete Carroll wanted to get him back in the limelight & showcase him for TRADE scenarios.
Russ sitting on the sidelines looking like damaged goods wasn't going to motivate any trade partners to taking the bait.
I also KNOW at that point, that Pete liked what he'd seen with Geno Smith and how he & Waldron seemed to mesh and how Geno was able to "Play the Position".
Bye bye Russ.

sutz

Reaction score
I've given some thought to that, and am actually glad that Russ did that; why? because I believe that Pete Carroll wanted to get him back in the limelight & showcase him for TRADE scenarios.
Russ sitting on the sidelines looking like damaged goods wasn't going to motivate any trade partners to taking the bait.
I also KNOW at that point, that Pete liked what he'd seen with Geno Smith and how he & Waldron seemed to mesh and how Geno was able to "Play the Position".
Bye bye Russ.
One thing that a lot of us forget is that Pete has been watching Geno in practice for several years. Even without his 3+ games last season, Pete had a pretty good idea what he had in Geno.

Latest posts