Joke Product

W

Welshers

There have been huge injury and slipping issues in this field for Years and the NFL decides to put their biggest game here and sure enough it changes the whole game. Shocking incompetence.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
There have been huge injury and slipping issues in this field for Years and the NFL decides to put their biggest game here and sure enough it changes the whole game. Shocking incompetence.
welshers, the field and subsequent injuries are the last thing they care about

OP
OP
W

Welshers

welshers, the field and subsequent injuries are the last thing they care about
very true but you would think they would have incentive to make the best and most enetertaining product possible with the world watching. AKA putting it on a field where slips dont mess up the game

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
I've never seen so many footing issues and slips by the players on a perfectly dry field before. Oh sure it's to be expected on a malevolent field in bad weather if there has been a lot of snow or rain or freezing rain, etc. But not on a perfectly dry field. No ice storms in Phoenix, Arizona! It's like roots of that grass had very little cohesion and were easily ripped up with any slight dig or pressure from a change-of-direction move by a player. Maybe the soil they used for the base is too sandy, or maybe they need to change to a different species of grass that has stronger and deeper roots. And it didn't help that about half of the playing surface was also covered with a slippery paint job.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
"From Eagles edge rusher Haason Reddick falling to his knees while rushing the quarterback to kicker Jake Elliott slipping on his left plant foot before a kickoff, the poor field conditions inside State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Ariz., were clear to everyone watching during Super Bowl LVII.

'I'm not going to lie — this is the worst field I've ever played on,' Reddick said, following the Eagles 38-35 Super Bowl loss to the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday evening."

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eag...e-farm-stadium-field-conditions-20230213.html

kidhawk

Reaction score
Someone in the booth mentioned that the "entire field" had been painted prior to the game. They seem to have meant every bit of the field when they were saying it. They seemed to be saying that it was a bad idea. From what I saw yesterday it definitely was. From what I've seen in previous games in Arizona, the field isn't usually a lot better.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score

‘It Was Terrible’: Both Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles Slam Super Bowl Field​

"We went from an instant classic to… This Super Bowl was kind of sh*t.

State Farm Stadium’s Super Bowl LVII field was more like a slip and slide rather than a surface to play football on, and after the Kansas City Chiefs scored a tainted 38-35 victory, the turf became on of the hottest talking points.

Both sides of the Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles had a hard time keeping their feet on the turf, with several players changing cleats in an attempt to get more grip. With both team’s quarterbacks, Philly’s Jalen Hurts was one of the players who switched his cleats, while Kansas City’s Patrick Mahomes slipped up at one point while making a cut."

https://dailycaller.com/2023/02/13/...s-super-bowl-field-turf-surface-nfl-football/

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Funny thing is I don't remember a lot of slipping in our last SB which was played
there..I know we had regular season games that were played on garbage there
but the SB?

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I see this garbage way too much in boxing rings. Fighters sweat and they bleed and the last thing they should be worried about is slipping on an advertisement for Corona. If one of these Jake Paul jokes really wanted to contribute to the sport, they should call on their billons of followers to boycott such advertising. Even if it costs them a small fraction of their own earnings. Injuries certainly impact earnings.

The problem, of course, goes deeper than the advertiser. It's ESPN, TVKO, etc. But boycotting the offending advertiser would have an immediate impact on sales and the ring apron, in this example, would be a less attractive place to market their wares.

But that field at the SB? Clearly just another display of how whorish Goodell is. It all falls back on him. He's been a goldmine for the owners and that also means players...but what about us? Remember us?

I'll continue my rant in saying I want that pushing the runner rule changed too. I feel it's unsporting and it's hard for me to take Roger and co seriously when they go on and on about player safety. 2,500 lbs of players pushing their QB through 2,500 lbs of defenders? Eventually something is going to snap.

kidhawk

Reaction score

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
Toma, who has prepared fields for 57 Super Bowls, told ESPN on Monday that Ed Mangan, the NFL field director, "Didn't take care of it. He wouldn't listen to anybody."

Recently retired NFL groundskeeper George Toma, who has prepared every Super Bowl field, is claiming that the poor field conditions at State Farm Stadium for Super Bowl LVII were due to the turf being overwatered in the days leading up to the game.

The field was watered four days before kickoff in the morning and rolled into the stadium on a moveable tray that housed the grass field, Toma told ESPN. But the 94-year-old said that the field should’ve been watered in the morning and kept outside to dry before being rolled into the stadium.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/sup...asnas-city-chiefs-groundskeeper-20230301.html

Latest posts