John Schneider on SiriusXM NFL Radio today

Coxal

Reaction score
Our GM will be on SiriusXM NFL Radio this morning, 9:30am PT

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL

And, at 12:30pm ET 9:30am PT, friend of the radio program, @Seahawks GM John Schneider, will join #SXMBlitz w/ @AdamSchein & @RichGannon12!

I'll try to find a podcast and share it (or if anyone is used to...)

drdiags

Reaction score
Read this in reverse to follow the flow, but a listener did a recap of the Schneider interview

Glen Peer ‏@weekapaug009

"We'll always be prepared for what's next." On coaches leaving, says that's what's great about Pete and the culture

JS says "people know if they come here coaching/personnel we are going to hope they succeed were going to help them..."

On "what's next"..."we are blessed to be taking care of our own, maybe dabble in FA, & we have 10 draft picks."

On Kaepernick "we studied him a ton. I'd be lying if I said i thought he would be this good this early which is a testament to that staff"

On coordinators iv'ing on Saturday - basically Saturday afternoon is free time and they preferred that to having them meet during week

...wouldn't listen to offers but we've got 2 good ones" ~my take, only way is if its an offer they can't refuse (1st or 2nd rd pick)

On trading Flynn "we're open to anything but the QB position is very important and we are blessed to have Matt. I'd be lying if I said we...

next 30 days for JS...big coach meeting today evaluating the season/players...senior bowl...draft meetings wk after Senior Bowl...Combine

What would he say if a team calls about Bradley "he is a great leader of men. A great person & we'd miss him. He's a great guy"

what RW needs to improve "great question. he made such huge strides throughout the yr. there is some stuff w/his feet, maybe some reads"

He talked about the team believing in Russell "all the great QBs I've been around [Favre, Hasselbeck, Rodgers] have that"

JS had a player "come up to me during the 4th Q [in ATL] & tell me 'Russell is gonna win this for us'"

"We told our guys yesterday, close the game in DET, and STL, & MIA and you're playing at home right now."

On if this was a Super Bowl caliber team "you know, after the SF game, honestly-yes."

Gonna blast some Schneider quotes off his Sirius iv from about an hour ago...ask me ? If you need some context...

NYCoug

Reaction score
I notice everyone pointing out what an excellent person Bradley is and how great his leadership skills and intangibles are, but I rarely hear anyone making the case for what makes him a great coach when it comes to the X's and O's. Maybe that's what makes guys like Baldwin say he'll make an excellent head coach but why so many people seem to think he's not the greatest defensive coordinator. I could definitely be way off base though. Just sayin.

drdiags

Reaction score
NYCoug":q50jffro said:
I notice everyone pointing out what an excellent person Bradley is and how great his leadership skills and intangibles are, but I rarely hear anyone making the case for what makes him a great coach when it comes to the X's and O's. Maybe that's what makes guys like Baldwin say he'll make an excellent head coach but why so many people seem to think he's not the greatest defensive coordinator. I could definitely be way off base though. Just sayin.

One of the Eagles articles on Bradley's coaching career made points about his small school coaching for several years and how that helps from a technique point of view. He will probably hire a DC, so it isn't like he has to be a defensive guru. He has his roots and his beliefs. I think his overall leadership that many respected coaches are attributing to his nature is what Lurie is banking on. If I find that article I will link it.

drdiags

Reaction score
More tweets

on the Niners "when you play SF, you better come with it."

on Tony G "he had 2 great plays where Kam had great cvg, and he still just held onto it"

on if missing Clemons hurt, "not making excuses, but we missed him."

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Yeah that was an awesome read thanks. Just think what we can do with 10 draft picks, 10? I need to get on the draft forum didn't know that. Holy cow! Should be able to upgrade the defensive front, more offensive line help, another receiver, trade up or all kinds of options.

No way we get a 1st or 2nd for Flynn IMO, would be sweet though. I'd be stoked with a 3rd or 4th.

I like how other coaches know if they come here they will have a great opportunity to promote up. It stinks to lose good coaches but helps to bring in others with a lot to prove and a desire to prove it.

drdiags

Reaction score
Schneider is on KIRO ESPN 710 KIRO @10:00 a.m. with "Brock and Salk" today if anyone wasn't aware.