John Clayton passed away today

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Just heard this and am saddened by the news.
I know this guy wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but and wasn’t always 100% accurate but he was usually spot on.
My condolences to his wife Pat and his many coworkers and friends. Sad day.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sad news!

I liked him and although I didn’t always agree with him he was a pure source of Pure knowledge of football and the Seahawks.

He will be missed!

Geologic

Reaction score
This sucks. He's been a big part of Seattle Sports radio. I'm still in disbelief.

James in PA

Reaction score
Oh man, always enjoyed the professor's take on the NFL and the Seahawks. Very sad news. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidhawk

Reaction score
So many years of listening to his takes on the Seahawks and the NFL in general. Always looked forward to them whether I agreed or not. RIP professor RIP

emurri

Reaction score
Such terrible news! My thoughts go out to his family. I still think his ESPN commercial is one of the best. He will be missed.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Really sad to hear this. Loved Clayton, even if I did disagree with him from time to time, he was always a good person and worked incredibly hard at the job he loved so much. My condolences to his wife and family.

sutz

Reaction score
That sucks. RIP Professor. Always a great source for knowledge around the league and sometimes a pretty funny guy.

Leaves a big hole in Seattle Sports Radio.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
RIP PROFESSOR.

Damn. Right after the big trade I was listening to him on 710 and my FIRST thought was "John is getting old. I hope he is doing well." because something didn't sound...right. Anyone else hear/feel it? I should be used to this stuff by now. And I wish Powerball numbers would hit me like that. What did he die from? Nevermind I will Google it. Damn, I liked that old guy. :cry:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Damn. He was a hell of a personality. Very unique and corky. I enjoyed listening to him over the years. RIP.