Joe Buck

quadsas

Reaction score
If the only thing he commentated on was Seahawks games he would probably be beloved by the public. How come he always brings the best for our games?

Less said about Aikman the better though

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I genuinely dislike Joe Buck’s voice.

Frankly think Aikman is a has been and should just do something else. He doesn’t bring much to the colour and he harps on points he’s made to sound important.

I think that pairing has seen better days and should be replaced.

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2cghioy8 said:
I genuinely dislike Joe Buck’s voice.

Frankly think Aikman is a has been and should just do something else. He doesn’t bring much to the colour and he harps on points he’s made to sound important.

I think that pairing has seen better days and should be replaced.

Aikman has to go, no question. He's not Booger quite yet, but he's god damn close

Rat

Reaction score
Did anyone else hear Aikman say that Goff is unfazed by pressure? I thought he said that, but he couldn't have...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He did along with other nonsense. He's better calling baseball.

Unfortunately the Hawks didn't pressure him enough to my liking, but just enough to have him slightly off target at times. Except early Donald was not as much of a factor as

CPHawk

Reaction score
Aikman did admit to being a huge rams fan growing up. Announcers shouldn't do games of teams they are fans of. Brock Huard is terrible when he does UW games, his fandom shows the entire time.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Never have been a fan of Buck. In his 20s with very little experience he was given not only the #1 Fox baseball play by play role but the NFL role as well likely because he's the son of Jack Buck. And he is nowhere near in the same league of his father or any of the classic broadcasters.

His voice is often dull in a monotone with little inflection or energy and I've personally thought one of the reasons World Series and playoff baseball viewership has declined is because of his boring voice. In shots of the booth at baseball games, I've seen him calling games reclined way back in his chair with his hands behind his head--how much energy could one have when they're in that position??

Seahawk

Reaction score
I don't mind them when they are calling games with other teams, but they clearly are biased against the Seahawks and they know that Hawks fans don't like them and it is totally obvious in their voices when you hear their plastic phrases trying to cover up their bias.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I was really underwhelmed by his lack of excitement and energy on a play as important and impressive as the Thompson interception.

HawkGA

Reaction score
There was some play where Aikman was saying the DB (Seahawk) was "all over" the WR (Rams) and he is saying this while they are showing the replay with the WR's arms extended pushing off the DB. Nuts.

Rat

Reaction score
Seahawk":3bm0yksy said:
I don't mind them when they are calling games with other teams, but they clearly are biased against the Seahawks and they know that Hawks fans don't like them and it is totally obvious in their voices when you hear their plastic phrases trying to cover up their bias.

Everyone thinks that about their team.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Rat":3uczwwua said:
Did anyone else hear Aikman say that Goff is unfazed by pressure? I thought he said that, but he couldn't have...

No, but before the play before the final field goal attempt he said they should give it to Gurley since Goff was playing with fire on a couple of throws. Buck said they probably won’t do that because they don’t have any timeouts left or something along those lines. It was pretty funny.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Rat":3w3jwv76 said:
Wyman kept saying on the radio broadcast that they should pressure Goff because he doesn't handle it nearly as well as Russell does.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aikman's such a zero milk toast personality, it's hard to get fired up either way about him.

But obviously there's an NFL rule that we must have at least three boring ex Cowboys commentating games at one time. At least the league saved us from Witten and talked him into playing again. He's brutal.

Rat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":smnocw8b said:
Aikman's such a zero milk toast personality, it's hard to get fired up either way about him.

But obviously there's an NFL rule that we must have at least three boring ex Cowboys commentating games at one time. At least the league saved us from Witten and talked him into playing again. He's brutal.

Not a Romo fan, or are you referring to Johnston?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":weirfp0p said:
Sgt. Largent":weirfp0p said:

Not a Romo fan, or are you referring to Johnston?

I liked Romo at first, but he hasn't figured out that sometimes he just needs to shut up and let the game breath a little, and not spend the entire game guessing the next play.

Johnston's boring as hell, so yes I'm more talking about him, Witten and Aikman.............you know, cause that's what the other 31 team's fans love, more Cowboys. Like that team isn't shoved down our throat enough on all the sports networks.

Latest posts