Jefferson to the Bills?

toffee

Reaction score
Kinger95":1few000s said:
jammerhawk":1few000s said:
Wenhawk":1few000s said:
Damn, this sucks. I wonder what he got

Bob Condotta says 2 yrs. $13.5 mil

That’s a good deal for the bills. There’s no way reed is worth 11.5 and Jefferson 6.5ish

Let's hope our coaches and front office know enough of these two guys, and not a miscalculation.

kidhawk

Reaction score
tersal":2uua65xz said:
kidhawk":2uua65xz said:
I really wanted to keep Jefferson. This one is a disappointment for me
Jefferson did play well however, Collier has the size to play DT and DE. If he turns out to be what Pete and John think he could be Jefferson will not be missed.

Collier will need to make a huge jump this year to make me not miss Jefferson. It's not impossible, but I'll need to see it before I believe it.

If the numbers are true for Jefferson's contract with the Bills as posted in this thread, then I'd much rather have kept him over Reed at this point in time.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kidhawk":3flahgjg said:
tersal":3flahgjg said:
kidhawk":3flahgjg said:
I really wanted to keep Jefferson. This one is a disappointment for me
Jefferson did play well however, Collier has the size to play DT and DE. If he turns out to be what Pete and John think he could be Jefferson will not be missed.

Collier will need to make a huge jump this year to make me not miss Jefferson. It's not impossible, but I'll need to see it before I believe it.

If the numbers are true for Jefferson's contract with the Bills as posted in this thread, then I'd much rather have kept him over Reed at this point in time.
I'm with you on Collier. Blair showed flashes last year, LJ showed none imo. I'm usually not a naysayer on recently drafted guys but in this case it feels like a wasted pick. Dying to be wrong of course.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I wanted to re-sign him, as well. I do think his price was right, as he has been a rotational piece with injury history. I liked him...he had some juice.

Collier will need to make a jump...but he was limited with injuries and simply being a rookie. He has the physical makeup to play inside or outside. Fingers crossed with he and Green both making leaps. Green really showed his athleticism at times last year...fairly consistently from what I watched.

I'd like to stay away from Judon...

Jville

Reaction score
I'll miss the versatile Quinton Jefferson and all those solid snaps he provided. But the defensive line does feature a rotation. They plan two three years out when building a roster.

Restricted free agent Brandon Jackson is a known asset who they moved around quite a bit. He seems to be versatile, assignment correct, as well as a better than average tackler. They've given him an unspecified tender for 2020.

It's hard to look past the 6'-5" frame and 10 7/8 inch hands on 34 5/8 arms of Nazair Jones. He is under contract for 2020 as a fourth year player. He is still only 25 years old but needs to get his career back on track and headed in the right direction. I once had great expectations for Nazair. Regrettably, I have heard essentially nothing about him or his (tendinitis?) knee issue since he faded into the background last August.

Rasheem Green looked to be coming around in 2019. He looks to have added strength and settled into an NFL career. I'm anxious to see what he looks like for 2020.

And then there is L.J. Collier who fell behind early on in 2019 because of injury and was never able to really catch up. He'll have to get thru camp healthy for us to get a better impression for how well he fits into the rotation.

...................... those are four understudies that remain to fill the void after the departure of the gritty example Quinton Jefferson set. All should compete for roles 2020.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Celebrate QJ leaving for a better offer!! Truly!! This is a great thing, even though we lost QJ, it's great because it shows the other young guys that if they work hard, take care of business, do their job, there will be a nice payday waiting for them, if not from the Seahawks, another team will come along and pay them.

Maybe it will be Naz Jones, or Collier, or Branden Jackson that will be the next one to take a leap forward the way QJ did this year.

This is all part of Pete's program. Jefferson has graduated, and set an example for the underclassmen. Nice work QJ! Best of luck in Buffalo, and would love to see you on the other side of the line in a February game in 2021!