Jamal Adam’s to weakside linebacker?

renofox

Reaction score
How the hell did we get hoodwinked into that trade? I still want to know if there were even any competing offers.
And after the trade, after it was clear that his skills were not a fit, a massive contract that has yielded negative benefit to the team.

That trade was almost as bad for the Seahawks as the RW trade was for the Broncos.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
And after the trade, after it was clear that his skills were not a fit, a massive contract that has yielded negative benefit to the team.

That trade was almost as bad for the Seahawks as the RW trade was for the Broncos.
It was a bad trade, but cmon lol

Chevy

Reaction score
At this point, if we don't cut him, just make him a role player. Like we did we Percy Harvin, not a true WR but good as a role player. 3rd and long, blitz packages.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Adams is not a "point of attack" type guy. He makes a living by chasing people down. He doesn't have enough sand in the bucket to hold up against pulling guards and motion tight ends. He is not even close to being in the same stratosphere as Kam Chancellor with respect to taking on blockers at the point of attack. Like I said, he is a pursuit guy.

Here is what will happen, and the opposing quarterbacks will rehearse it the week leading up to the game. Every. Single. Time.
1) Pre snap read to see which side Adams is lined up at.
2) Check into a play to run directly at Adams because running AT him will totally neutralize his effectiveness as a pursuit guy.
3) Put a tight end in motion from the strong side to specifically find the "Will" linebacker (Adams) or conversely pull a guard to serve the same purpose.

If light, fast, undersized guys could routinely deploy as a Will linebacker, the league would be chock full of them and even if it was routinely done, they would be highly specialized in defensive packages intended for use on predictable passing downs only. A player intended to defeat pass blockers, not run blockers. In other words, a highly specialized player, with very little diversity, that is devouring a significant portion of the salary cap.

"Luxury", rotational players are not typically among the highest paid players on a NFL team. Adams can be a blitzing terror. Thats about it. Used as a safety, Adams couldn't find the ball if it stuck in his face mask. HE FLAT OUT SUCKS in coverage.
Thank you.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
How the hell did we get hoodwinked into that trade? I still want to know if there were even any competing offers.
From what I remembered the defense didn’t have any playmakers to speak of and Pete saw Adams as a Troy P type of player that he could build a defense around Pete took a gamble and lost

Millen Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah we gave up a lot to get Adams, but what was just as worse for the team was the extension that JS and PC gave Adams making him the highest paid SS...by around $6mil at the time. His contract was one of the major reasons in the past 3 years we haven't been able to acquire talented players in FA.

Team Player...yes
Motivated...yes
Team Leader...yes

But....Unfortunately after his shoulder injury in '21 he was never the same at tackling and dove at opponent legs instead of wrapping players up the "Seahawks" way. Was a liability in coverage. And i heard a stat that when lined up as a pass rusher opponents completion % is through the roof. (not confirmed).

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If Adams wanted to be a Will he probably would have made that adjustment by now. Something tells me he prefers to be a $afety.

let me guess, another 'Heavy dot com' "Article"?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Boz did it with steroids. Not so with Adams.

Same result, blown out shoulders.

WIL would result in the same issues Adams has at safety now, poor tackling and bad in coverage.

If I was Pete and by some miracle Adam's stays healthy enough to suit up for games, all I'd use him for is blitz packages and 3rd and long edge rushing. He can at least still be disruptive and a good decoy on blitz packages.