Is Carolina the new San Francisco

Mick063

Reaction score
How did their post season end last year?

Maybe you really are on to something.

Slick

Reaction score
For the most part you are dealing with mouth-breathers that like NASCAR and bleed gravy when injured. Some Panther fans are cool but many more are just jumping on the bandwagon.

Largent80

Reaction score
The ex guitarist from my band (when we lived in Cali.) unfriended me on Facebook after I pointed out our record vs. them.....7-3 overall, 3-0 last 3 trips to Car. and 2-0 in the playoffs. He moved to Car. and adopted them.

There is NO team I want to beat more, well.....maybe N.E.

Boycie

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":3kvrscpn said:
I have been over at their forums they sure are an arrogant bunch.
I get they should be confident, but they seem to be very misguided about football facts.
From everything to Wilson being a joke and can't pass in the pocket to how they are going to beat us by two scores or more, even how they have the better roster and organization.

I get they have a great team this year, they seem to be crowning a dynasty before they have won a playoff game.
Is it just me or do they rub you guys wrong too?

Reminds me of the Webzone.

No, I think Aiizona is our new nemesis because of Capt Kangol.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":vclablur said:
The Great Hawktini":vclablur said:
I have been over at their forums they sure are an arrogant bunch.
I get they should be confident, but they seem to be very misguided about football facts.
From everything to Wilson being a joke and can't pass in the pocket to how they are going to beat us by two scores or more, even how they have the better roster and organization.

I get they have a great team this year, they seem to be crowning a dynasty before they have won a playoff game.
Is it just me or do they rub you guys wrong too?

Reminds me of the Webzone.

No, I think Airozone is our new nemesis because of Capt Kangol.

But what is AZ's staying power? Minus Palmer and Fitz, they're garb.

FearTheBlitz

Reaction score
I'm not from the huddle and won't touch that place... I do like the riot over there though... That's the group that travels all over the place. As I see it the game is played on the field. Numbers don't mean anything just something to look at and make fans pump about their chances. Sunday should be a great game. One thing I will be looking for to see if you guys d start to wear down in the 2nd half. If you are on the field a lot on d it will spell trouble... One reason our running game will need to click.. Which I feel has a very good chance at doing so on Sunday... Our team has had (23 or 24) games in a roll with 100 or more yards on the ground.. Something no one is really talking about :).

253hawk

Reaction score
Nah. 49ers fans brag about stuff they won in the past, Panthers fans brag about stuff they haven't even won yet.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Keep it in the NFC West. Cardinals are the new 49ers.

Hawks46

Reaction score
carolinablue":1nd9kp7d said:
Tbh, I've seen a lot of that same attitude on here. It's the nature of the beast.

For the record I think Wilson is a pretty good QB. I wouldn't take him over Cam but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what he brings to the table. Today was a good example of how he makes plays. He didn't play all that well but when that ball launched over his head about 15 yards behind him, he didn't panic. He made a play. I remember a few years ago when this mini rivalry began between our teams and how Wilson would scramble and make pin point passes. Anyone that says he isn't legit is crazy. And anyone that thinks Cam isn't legit is crazy.

Oh I'd agree and I think a lot of NFL fans are like internet tough guys: you're a bad ass when your team is doing well. The Panthers go 15-1 ? Yup, I'm a tough guy when I wear my Panthers jersey (just an example, not calling out your fans).

We got that label in 2012 when we had a rookie QB lead us to the playoffs, and a lot of knowledgable Seattle fans were talking up an emerging defense that the rest of the NFL fan bases hadn't noticed yet. There was a poll on nfl.com on who had the best defense....that year Pittsburgh was actually in it, as well as Seattle, New England, the Ravens and a few others. The Seahawks won the vote by a good margin, so the other fan bases started ripping on us, calling us arrogant and all we did was sit at our computers and click stuff.

Four years later, if this was brought up, we'd look prescient. The entire point is that we hadn't done anything at that point to earn the arrogance: we knew we had a good team but it hadn't been proven yet.

The Panthers just had a great year. Against one of the easiest schedules in the league. Still, you did what you were supposed to do. But don't be like the Niners. We were hearing Niners fans talking so much crap when Harbaugh came in and starting winning. They actually had the balls to start telling us 'you haven't done nothing lately" when their team was the worst in the division 2 years before that, and we had won the division 7 out of the previous 9 years.

Last year, the Panthers went what, 7-9, 8-8 something like that ? They were lucky that they were in a historically bad division, then met an Arizona team in the playoffs that was on it's 4th QB. They're good, but they haven't proven anything yet. The playoffs are a different beast.

Polaris

Reaction score
Last year (2014 season), the Panthers were 7-8-1 and struggled to beat an Arizona team that was taking homeless people off the street to play QB.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
12thbrah":1fxwebbz said:
Keep it in the NFC West. Cardinals are the new 49ers.

Lol, no way. Can't hate that organization, Phoenix isn't a real city, in fact I'll make the argument its the worst major city in America. Plus Palmer is on his last feet, he'll be 37 next year. He's having a great year, but can't see him duplicating this again.

Everyone forgets, the real rivalry we have is the Rams. They beat us all the time, they owned us in the Hasselbeck days, and they were the original NFC West team to win a SB. I fear what the owner will do once they're in LA, they're going to have $$ and reason to finally want to win. I always hated that organization more than the 49ers in the early days of the NFC West.

carolinablue

Reaction score
Hawks46":1dsslp16 said:
carolinablue":1dsslp16 said:
Tbh, I've seen a lot of that same attitude on here. It's the nature of the beast.

For the record I think Wilson is a pretty good QB. I wouldn't take him over Cam but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what he brings to the table. Today was a good example of how he makes plays. He didn't play all that well but when that ball launched over his head about 15 yards behind him, he didn't panic. He made a play. I remember a few years ago when this mini rivalry began between our teams and how Wilson would scramble and make pin point passes. Anyone that says he isn't legit is crazy. And anyone that thinks Cam isn't legit is crazy.

Oh I'd agree and I think a lot of NFL fans are like internet tough guys: you're a bad ass when your team is doing well. The Panthers go 15-1 ? Yup, I'm a tough guy when I wear my Panthers jersey (just an example, not calling out your fans).

We got that label in 2012 when we had a rookie QB lead us to the playoffs, and a lot of knowledgable Seattle fans were talking up an emerging defense that the rest of the NFL fan bases hadn't noticed yet. There was a poll on nfl.com on who had the best defense....that year Pittsburgh was actually in it, as well as Seattle, New England, the Ravens and a few others. The Seahawks won the vote by a good margin, so the other fan bases started ripping on us, calling us arrogant and all we did was sit at our computers and click stuff.

Four years later, if this was brought up, we'd look prescient. The entire point is that we hadn't done anything at that point to earn the arrogance: we knew we had a good team but it hadn't been proven yet.

The Panthers just had a great year. Against one of the easiest schedules in the league. Still, you did what you were supposed to do. But don't be like the Niners. We were hearing Niners fans talking so much crap when Harbaugh came in and starting winning. They actually had the balls to start telling us 'you haven't done nothing lately" when their team was the worst in the division 2 years before that, and we had won the division 7 out of the previous 9 years.

Last year, the Panthers went what, 7-9, 8-8 something like that ? They were lucky that they were in a historically bad division, then met an Arizona team in the playoffs that was on it's 4th QB. They're good, but they haven't proven anything yet. The playoffs are a different beast.
I think it's hard for fans of other teams to know what it's like to be the "new kid on the block". The Panthers have been around for 20 years and other teams fans brag about Super Bowls or Super Bowl appearances that happened before we were even in existence. Being relatively young we're not going to have all the Super Bowls or pro bowl players as other teams so we have to be proud of what our team has done. Right now we are in the midst of the best year's for our young franchise. We've won 3 straight division titles and subsequently went to 3 straight playoffs. And this year we've done something no other NFC team has ever done and won 15 games in the regular season. Now for a team with a Super Bowl that may not be a big deal and maybe it isn't. But to fans who don't have that 40-80 year history to grab onto, we grab onto what we have now. You can say it's nothing and that's fine but year's from now until some other NFC team wins 15 games in the regular season Carolina will always be talked about when those win streaks happen to start a season. It's not a trophy but it is relevance. And if we do end up winning the Super Bowl I think people will view this team as it should be viewed. A great team that did great things. If we don't win the Super Bowl, then we still have the division title and best NFC record of all time but of course the luster will not be there.

Hawks46

Reaction score
FearTheBlitz":18m8or4n said:
I'm not from the huddle and won't touch that place... I do like the riot over there though... That's the group that travels all over the place. As I see it the game is played on the field. Numbers don't mean anything just something to look at and make fans pump about their chances. Sunday should be a great game. One thing I will be looking for to see if you guys d start to wear down in the 2nd half. If you are on the field a lot on d it will spell trouble... One reason our running game will need to click.. Which I feel has a very good chance at doing so on Sunday... Our team has had (23 or 24) games in a roll with 100 or more yards on the ground.. Something no one is really talking about :).

What makes you think you'll run on us ?

We haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher since last year. That includes the 1st time our teams have met this year, and last year's playoff game.

What's changed ?

carolinablue

Reaction score
Hawks46":1bxaikbx said:
FearTheBlitz":1bxaikbx said:

We haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher since last year. That includes the 1st time our teams have met this year, and last year's playoff game.

What's changed ?
We had 135 yards rushing in the first game.

Polaris

Reaction score
carolinablue":p55wiuxh said:
Hawks46":p55wiuxh said:
FearTheBlitz":p55wiuxh said:

What's changed ?

Yes, but your leading rusher only had 78 yards against us, so what Hawks46 said was true.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/carolina-pa ... 151018026/

HawkFan72

Reaction score
carolinablue":2hlmijxf said:
Hawks46":2hlmijxf said:
FearTheBlitz":2hlmijxf said:

What's changed ?

Yes, total yards. But that's not what he said.

Laloosh

Reaction score
carolinablue":sh5n0fxr said:
I think it's hard for fans of other teams to know what it's like to be the "new kid on the block". The Panthers have been around for 20 years and other teams fans brag about Super Bowls or Super Bowl appearances that happened before we were even in existence. Being relatively young we're not going to have all the Super Bowls or pro bowl players as other teams so we have to be proud of what our team has done. Right now we are in the midst of the best year's for our young franchise. We've won 3 straight division titles and subsequently went to 3 straight playoffs. And this year we've done something no other NFC team has ever done and won 15 games in the regular season. Now for a team with a Super Bowl that may not be a big deal and maybe it isn't. But to fans who don't have that 40-80 year history to grab onto, we grab onto what we have now. You can say it's nothing and that's fine but year's from now until some other NFC team wins 15 games in the regular season Carolina will always be talked about when those win streaks happen to start a season. It's not a trophy but it is relevance. And if we do end up winning the Super Bowl I think people will view this team as it should be viewed. A great team that did great things. If we don't win the Super Bowl, then we still have the division title and best NFC record of all time but of course the luster will not be there.

Respectable. I'd have appreciated more paragraphs but I hear ya. I don't blame Panthers fans for being proud.

carolinablue

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2ns4ov0k said:
carolinablue":2ns4ov0k said:
Hawks46":2ns4ov0k said:
FearTheBlitz":2ns4ov0k said:

What's changed ?

Right then he was going off on the wrong premise. OP said "23 or 24 games is a row with 100 yards on the ground".

Doesn't matter if one person does it or 12. 135 yards is still 135 yards.

Polaris

Reaction score
carolinablue":2ln94uu6 said:
HawkFan72":2ln94uu6 said:
carolinablue":2ln94uu6 said:
Hawks46":2ln94uu6 said:

What's changed ?

Right then he was going off on the wrong premise. OP said "23 or 24 games is a row with 100 yards on the ground".

Doesn't matter if one person does it or 12. 135 yards is still 135 yards.

Now you are quibbling and not very well at that. He SAID we hadn't allowed a 100yard rusher since last year and that's absolutely true. I also point out that (esp for Carolina) 135 yards on the ground is actually pretty poor. It was Cam's late game passing heroics that won the game earlier this year, not Carolina's run game, so his basic point is valid. Teams simply don't run very well at all against Seattle's defense.

Edit: Actually it does matter if one person does it or multiple ones. 30 yards of that 135 Carolina got in Seattle was from Cam and most of those weren't designed runs. I am not saying that Carolina won't crack the 100yard rush barrier, but that doesn't constituted a 'successful' running game. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Carolina fail to maintain that streak either. Minny's running game is better than Carolina's (sorry but it is, Peterson is that good) and Seattle completely stuffed Peterson not once but twice....and that was in December-January, not October.

carolinablue

Reaction score
Polaris":2gokvvgh said:
Now you are quibbling and not very well at that. He SAID we hadn't allowed a 100yard rusher since last year and that's absolutely true. I also point out that (esp for Carolina) 135 yards on the ground is actually pretty poor. It was Cam's late game passing heroics that won the game earlier this year, not Carolina's run game, so his basic point is valid. Teams simply don't run very well at all against Seattle's defense.

Edit: Actually it does matter if one person does it or multiple ones. 30 yards of that 135 Carolina got in Seattle was from Cam and most of those weren't designed runs. I am not saying that Carolina won't crack the 100yard rush barrier, but that doesn't constituted a 'successful' running game. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Carolina fail to maintain that streak either. Minny's running game is better than Carolina's (sorry but it is, Peterson is that good) and Seattle completely stuffed Peterson not once but twice....and that was in December-January, not October.
Right but he was responding to a guy who SAID that we'd had 20+games straight with over 100 yards rushing. He changed the original argument which is not how you're supposed to debate stuff. I just brought the conversation back to the original premise.
Also Peterson may individually be better than Jonathan Stewart but Stewart is no slouch. And Stewart has something that AP didn't have and that's Cam. When you have to defend the read option with Cam/Stewart, I'd argue that it's much tougher to do that than to stop one man in AP.