Insight Into the Negativity on This Forum!!

PeruHawk

Reaction score
Thought this was appropriate. We just won, and the comments seem 80% negative!!!

WHY OUR BRAINS FIXATE ON THE BAD

"Our brains have been hardwired through evolution to focus on the negative. Traced back to prehistoric days, primitive man had to be able to register threats to avoid danger and increase survival rates. Individuals who were more attuned to danger (negative stimuli) stayed alive longer and passed on their genes. Focusing on the bad developed as a way of our brains keeping us safe and it is still wired into our genetics today."

We are not experiencing Reality. More often than not, we are experiencing our belief systems :)

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Thought this was appropriate. We just won, and the comments seem 80% negative!!!

"Our brains have been hardwired through evolution to focus on the negative. Traced back to prehistoric days, primitive man had to be able to register threats to avoid danger and increase survival rates. Individuals who were more attuned to danger (negative stimuli) stayed alive longer and passed on their genes. Focusing on the bad developed as a way of our brains keeping us safe and it is still wired into our genetics today."

Not sure how being negative about our team helps anybody.....

Interesting perspective, dont know much about human psychology through the years to comment much, but my perception is theres a difference between being prepared for the worst, as a means of survival, and just complaining all the time, even in success. My perception, is that society has got men castrated and thinking like women. Emotional knee jerking complainers. Society these days full of dudes full of estrogen..

slateman77

Reaction score

We are not experiencing Reality. More often than not, we are experiencing our belief systems :)

toffee

Reaction score

Not me :)

Fade

Reaction score
The team is too talented to underperform consistently week after week to not recognize there is a problem.

The team and fanbase had(s) championship aspirations. Many on here had them as the #2 team in the NFC going into it.

And people want to know why it's not going that(is) way. That's where the discussion comes in.

I find it funny when people on here want to police the forum for wrong think.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The team is too talented to underperform consistently week after week to not recognize there is a problem.

The team and fanbase had(s) championship aspirations. Many on here had them as the #2 team in the NFC going into it.

And people want to know why it's not going that(is) way. That's where the discussion comes in.

I find it funny when people on here want to police the forum for wrong think.

The 2013 team had several close wins against inferior teams. In fact it’s been a thing for ages.

The why is simple: football is hard. Every team, even the bad ones have elite talent and the games top coaches.

Is it really that hard to just enjoy the roller coaster rather than fall apart under the weight of largely unrealistic expectations?

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Why do people get mad at people for feeling the way they do on a football forum?

Does it ruin your day? Skip the post. This isn’t your job to read posts, it’s an elective.

Been watching this team since 1979, and there have been more losses than wins over the years. Nobody gives a shit if I’m negative after a loss or happy after a win or vice versa.

Have a drink. Get laid. Get mad. Be happy. Do you.

renofox

Reaction score
Some people want certain players to fail...so when they look good or pull out a win it goes against what they've been spewing for weeks.
I disagree but I'm not going to make any really negative posts.

Just keep in mind, many posters here have been commenting for years on the problems that keep this team from achieving greatness. They've talked about certain players and PCJS and coaches. And much of their commentary has proved both prescient and accurate.

I'm celebrating the win, but I won't disagree with those who see this as a hollow victory.

morgulon1

Reaction score

Wtf?

BASF

Reaction score
Never forget that there was a large contingent here that wanted Spurrier or Kelly instead of Carroll. They want to run up scores and have no worry about a team coming back or they do not enjoy the game.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I disagree but I'm not going to make any really negative posts.

Just keep in mind, many posters here have been commenting for years on the problems that keep this team from achieving greatness. They've talked about certain players and PCJS and coaches. And much of their commentary has proved both prescient and accurate.

I'm celebrating the win, but I won't disagree with those who see this as a hollow victory.
True but suggesting DK get axed for an undrafted guy who has 4 catches is uninformed..uneducated..and just plain ridiculous.

renofox

Reaction score
True but suggesting DK get axed for an undrafted guy who has 4 catches is uninformed..uneducated..and just plain ridiculous.
I never even thought that.

I've been rantimg for years for PCJS to take a legitimate shot at a QBOTF.

I was beyond pissed when they didn't use the capital they had in 2023 to at least try.

I've now given up on them, but the frustration is always there.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Why do people get mad at people for feeling the way they do on a football forum?

Does it ruin your day? Skip the post. This isn’t your job to read posts, it’s an elective.

Been watching this team since 1979, and there have been more losses than wins over the years. Nobody gives a shit if I’m negative after a loss or happy after a win or vice versa.

Have a drink. Get laid. Get mad. Be happy. Do you.
You’re wrong about more losses than wins. Since the inaugural year in 1976 they are 383 wins and 358 losses and 1 tie. Since 1979 when you started watching, they are 367 wins with 330 losses.

By my count, they have won more than they have lost. But go ahead and be negative.

This is a winning franchise. I’m sorry they don’t win every play, every game and every Super Bowl. Winning more than you lose is a good thing.

BASF

Reaction score
You’re wrong about more losses than wins. Since the inaugural year in 1976 they are 383 wins and 358 losses and 1 tie. Since 1979 when you started watching, they are 367 wins with 330 losses.

By my count, they have won more than they have lost. But go ahead and be negative.

This is a winning franchise. I’m sorry they don’t win every play, every game and every Super Bowl. Winning more than you lose is a good thing.
Now do the teams record before Pete Carroll.