I want Jessie Bates III

Seattle Person

Reaction score
They would be much better with a second round tender on View attachment 56864 Ryan Neal. Neil has a full year with Coach Scott. That's a big plus.

I'm also looking forward to see how competitive the speedy Joey Blout will be in his second year under Coach Scott.

In my opnion, the defensive secondary is already poised to take a big step forward in 2023.

IMO, the needs of the front six or seven over shadow, by far, that of the secondary.

I wouldn't mind tapping into the DBs in the draft. It's among the deepest positions in this draft class. One safety I would love is Sydney Brown from Illinois in the middle rounds -- probably the 4th. I love his build, speed, and play making ability. He has a little bit of Talanoa Hufanga in him.

Jville

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind tapping into the DBs in the draft. It's among the deepest positions in this draft class. One safety I would love is Sydney Brown from Illinois in the middle rounds -- probably the 4th. I love his build, speed, and play making ability. He has a little bit of Talanoa Hufanga in him.
Interesting, they currently have only 3 safeties under contract. They have the experience returning so adding a rookie would would be a possibility. His brother Chase Brown is also kind of interesting.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Interesting, they currently have only 3 safeties under contract. They have the experience returning so adding a rookie would would be a possibility. His brother Chase Brown is also kind of interesting.

It's really smart to select players with the flow of the draft. Plus it gives you one in the chamber so that's why you take one a year ahead before you really need one. People will say we have our Safeties but Diggs/Adams are to me year by year. Neal will be under contract for a season. Let's get an interesting one and let him learn for a season. I would advocate for another CB as well. We have young CBs but one in the chamber baby.

Pouring another big contract into the safety position doesn't make any sense. Bates is a great player but I don't think we can afford him anyways. Just my logic and preferences.