Hurts me to say it....but GO SEAHAWKS!

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Hello Seahawk fans. Wanted to let you all know that I'll be rooting for you guys this weekend.

Don't get me wrong - I can't stand the Seahawks - but the enemy of my enemy is my friend....and you're also the lesser of two evils.

Even if I didn't want Seattle to win, I wholeheartedly think they will. I just don't think SF matches up well with you guys.

It's an awkward situation for Rams fans though...kind of funny. The newer ones think of Seattle as a bigger rival...but IMO, even if that was even, all you have to do to decide who to hate more is look at the QBs. The only reason I dislike Russel Wilson is because of how good of a guy he is. Kaperneck on the other hand....UGH. Can't stand him. Would love to see Kam Chancellor come off the edge on a safety blitz and DESTROY him.

Anyway...Rams fans SHOULD all be rooting for Seattle this weekend...

I see you guys are a little concerned about your offense....I wouldn't be if I were you. Your team gets up for the Niners....have the last few years. I think Seattle would win by 7 on a neutral field..............and we all know this game will NOT be played on a neutral field.

Seahawks - 29

Whiners - 13

jhawk91

Reaction score
I love how we have people from 3 or so different fan bases rooting for us in this one, I guess the 49ers are still hated far more than us (probably for good reason)

HoRneR

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1jbiu916 said:
Hello Seahawk fans. Wanted to let you all know that I'll be rooting for you guys this weekend.

Don't get me wrong - I can't stand the Seahawks - but the enemy of my enemy is my friend....and you're also the lesser of two evils.

Even if I didn't want Seattle to win, I wholeheartedly think they will. I just don't think SF matches up well with you guys.

It's an awkward situation for Rams fans though...kind of funny. The newer ones think of Seattle as a bigger rival...but IMO, even if that was even, all you have to do to decide who to hate more is look at the QBs. The only reason I dislike Russel Wilson is because of how good of a guy he is. Kaperneck on the other hand....UGH. Can't stand him. Would love to see Kam Chancellor come off the edge on a safety blitz and DESTROY him.

I see you guys are a little concerned about your offense....I wouldn't be if I were you. Your team gets up for the Niners....have the last few years. I think Seattle would win by 7 on a neutral field..............and we all know this game will NOT be played on a neutral field.

Seahawks - 29

Whiners - 13

Can you tell me why you think this? Not being sarcastic or anything I would actually like a third party fan explain why you think the niners don't match up well.

The Delf

Reaction score
Thanks and wow, what Fans we've got lately... Rams, Ravens... sure I'm proud of it and we try to get those 9ers down !

jhawk91

Reaction score
HoRneR":1wv34i6o said:
Ramfan128":1wv34i6o said:

Seahawks - 29

Whiners - 13

Can you tell me why you think this? Not being sarcastic or anything I would actually like a third party fan explain why you think the niners don't match up well.

I know I'm not a third party fan but i think we've done a good job stopping the Niners run forcing them to pass which plays right in to our hands with our strong secondary. On offense I don't think your secondary is anything too special (it's good but not great) so we are able to put a decent amount of points up

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Why do you hate us? I really like you.

Right now anyway.

thanks for the encouragement.

candyman4881

Reaction score
Same here - as a Rams fan, I have to pick the lesser of two evils. I truly believe that the 49ers are built on a house of cards, and one day (maybe sooner than later), Harbaugh is going to crack. He is the type of coach you love when you are winning but hate when you lose. I am ready for an epic game on Sunday. I know the 49ers are confident (and borderline cocky) about their team and having to go on the road to face an inferior opponents in Green Bay and Carolina. I think a lot of 49ers fans are discounting how much of an effect your stadium can be. I look no further than in 2010 when the Rams should have beat Seattle in my opinion in the last game of the year, but we didnt and I think the biggest impact was how loud that stadium can be during crucial games (it surely wasnt Charlie f'n Whitehurst).

I think the 49ers and Seahawks are very evenly matched, except I would give the benefit to the 49ers in Oline, WRs, and Defensive front 7, where as the Seahawks have the advantage at RB and Secondary. If the game was in San Fran, I would give the advantage to them, on a neutral field a toss up, and at Seattle, I give the advantage to you all. Good luck Sunday

gargantual

Reaction score
HoRneR":2uo57nfl said:
I don't think you have to think real hard to find a number of big reasons.

The biggest of which is....ummmm.....

71-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
R

Ramfan128

Reaction score
gargantual":ad4g7jbl said:
HoRneR":ad4g7jbl said:

Actually, THIS is a big part of it for me. I know what people will say - Niners are playing better than Hawks right now. I don't buy into all that when it comes to rivalry games. Good examples of this were Rams games against Seahawks this year: game 1, we should've gotten destroyed. Kellen Clemen's first game, throws two picks, and looks terrible, against the best team in the NFC. Yet the game was extremely competitive. Game 2, there were actually Seahawk fans that thought the Rams had a chance. And then we literally embarrassed ourselves.

As for the X's and O's part of it - I think Carrol owns Harbaugh...hard to articulate how much I dislike both of these guys...but they are good coaches. And from the head to head matchups I've watched between the two in Seattle, Harbaugh just looks lost and confused on the sideline...as if he doesn't even know what team he's watching (makes sense considering the Niners porous performances in Seattle lately, but still).

Then to me, this is biggest matchup: Niners WRs/TEs vs. Seattle's secondary. Just not a good matchup for SF. Helps now that Crabs is back, but they did have him during that 42-13 beat down last year, so I'm not buying that he'll make THAT much of a difference.

Wilson is better than Kap - Lynch better than Gore - Seahawks D is better than Niners D. Seattle even owns the ST edge with their phenomenal punt/kick coverage. The only edge I'd give to SF is WRs/TEs.

Translated into who will actually be lining up against: Seattle's O vs. Niners D - undoubtedly the most questionable matchup for all of us. There are times when Seattle's O looks like world beaters, and then not so much. I have no basis of fact to back this up, but I believe they'll look like world beaters in this one. Seattle just gets up for opponents. They seem to be able to run the ball with Lynch against SF, which is strange to me considering the impression I get of Seattle's offensive line is that they're not very good. As I said this is a question mark.

What is not a question mark is SF's offense vs. Seattle's D. Crabs style plays right into Sherman's hands. I'm sure Seattle will have a game plan for Boldin....but that is the X factor for SF. Get him away from Sherman and attack the other guy....unfortunately the other guy is still really good. Where does Seattle find these guys??? Get Davis matched up against Chancellor and let him work...but don't let him take a hit like he did last year (OUCH!) or he'll be hesitant all game. Try to run the ball...Seattle's run D has been gashed...but they are still a great run defense.

I'd honestly run a LOT of read option if I was the Niners. Yea Kap might get killed, but if you don't, you'll lose.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Thank you, kind sir!

In honor of your pin-point perfect analysis of the differences between the Hawks and Niners, I present this all-time classic. See you next year!

[youtube]HogMjHIfNHM[/youtube]

GO HAWKS!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sorry you're feeling some pain in rooting for us, but as you said, neutral observers should logically decide on the Seahawks. :)

OP
OP
R

Ramfan128

Reaction score
candyman4881":19f4kcze said:
Same here - as a Rams fan, I have to pick the lesser of two evils. I truly believe that the 49ers are built on a house of cards, and one day (maybe sooner than later), Harbaugh is going to crack. He is the type of coach you love when you are winning but hate when you lose. I am ready for an epic game on Sunday. I know the 49ers are confident (and borderline cocky) about their team and having to go on the road to face an inferior opponents in Green Bay and Carolina. I think a lot of 49ers fans are discounting how much of an effect your stadium can be. I look no further than in 2010 when the Rams should have beat Seattle in my opinion in the last game of the year, but we didnt and I think the biggest impact was how loud that stadium can be during crucial games (it surely wasnt Charlie f'n Whitehurst).

I think the 49ers and Seahawks are very evenly matched, except I would give the benefit to the 49ers in Oline, WRs, and Defensive front 7, where as the Seahawks have the advantage at RB and Secondary. If the game was in San Fran, I would give the advantage to them, on a neutral field a toss up, and at Seattle, I give the advantage to you all. Good luck Sunday

Personally, I'd give the front 7 edge to Seattle. Wagner is a difference maker and gets overshadowed by their secondary, but may be the most important player on that defense. SF has the "names" but I'd take Seattle's. Oline though, I'd have to agree. Forgot to mention that in my post. Rams fans arguing over whose better between SF and Seattle....hate Carolina even more for this now.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3cpu2kap said:
gargantual":3cpu2kap said:
HoRneR":3cpu2kap said:

Actually, THIS is a big part of it for me. I know what people will say - Niners are playing better than Hawks right now. I don't buy into all that when it comes to rivalry games. Good examples of this were Rams games against Seahawks this year: game 1, we should've gotten destroyed. Kellen Clemen's first game, throws two picks, and looks terrible, against the best team in the NFC. Yet the game was extremely competitive. Game 2, there were actually Seahawk fans that thought the Rams had a chance. And then we literally embarrassed ourselves.

As for the X's and O's part of it - I think Carrol owns Harbaugh...hard to articulate how much I dislike both of these guys...but they are good coaches. And from the head to head matchups I've watched between the two in Seattle, Harbaugh just looks lost and confused on the sideline...as if he doesn't even know what team he's watching (makes sense considering the Niners porous performances in Seattle lately, but still).

Then to me, this is biggest matchup: Niners WRs/TEs vs. Seattle's secondary. Just not a good matchup for SF. Helps now that Crabs is back, but they did have him during that 42-13 beat down last year, so I'm not buying that he'll make THAT much of a difference.

Wilson is better than Kap - Lynch better than Gore - Seahawks D is better than Niners D. Seattle even owns the ST edge with their phenomenal punt/kick coverage. The only edge I'd give to SF is WRs/TEs.

Translated into who will actually be lining up against: Seattle's O vs. Niners D - undoubtedly the most questionable matchup for all of us. There are times when Seattle's O looks like world beaters, and then not so much. I have no basis of fact to back this up, but I believe they'll look like world beaters in this one. Seattle just gets up for opponents. They seem to be able to run the ball with Lynch against SF, which is strange to me considering the impression I get of Seattle's offensive line is that they're not very good. As I said this is a question mark.

What is not a question mark is SF's offense vs. Seattle's D. Crabs style plays right into Sherman's hands. I'm sure Seattle will have a game plan for Boldin....but that is the X factor for SF. Get him away from Sherman and attack the other guy....unfortunately the other guy is still really good. Where does Seattle find these guys??? Get Davis matched up against Chancellor and let him work...but don't let him take a hit like he did last year (OUCH!) or he'll be hesitant all game. Try to run the ball...Seattle's run D has been gashed...but they are still a great run defense.

I'd honestly run a LOT of read option if I was the Niners. Yea Kap might get killed, but if you don't, you'll lose.

Interesting what you said about the two coaches. I think an illustration of this would be in their post game comments after their last game in San Fran. Carroll essentially said he loved every second, while harbaugh said he hated it, and said it felt like a 3 hour root canal.

HoRneR

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":3se5z882 said:
@ HoRneR. Question for ya.

Are there other teams' fans making statements like Ramfan128 on your 9er boards about our 'Hawks?

Just a saints fan that I can recall on webzone but I don't actually read many threads there other then the coach film thread that is surprisingly really good!

Latest posts