How close are the Seahawks to a Superbowl run?

morgulon1

Reaction score
Lol. Pitt your a work of art man .Here is how I think it is. Your at the bar drinking a beer, you lean over to your buddy and you say hey dude check this out, look at the reaction I just got from SGT. Largent I made him write a book explaining a position that is so completely obvious a 2 year old could understand it. Hahaha I pissed him off and got him to react.

Who is next? LTH?
PC/JS just completed a phenomenal draft 2 years in a row! Yes , they kind of snuck into the playoffs but I'll take it every time. I don't know why people would be lobbying for them to be fired in the off-season after what they've been able to do.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Lol. I get it. I really do. It’s more like I lean over to my buddy and laugh at how fans hold onto so much nostalgia and have complete faith that the glory days are returning any year now when it’s pretty clear it’s just never going to happen under the same regime.
LOL. You just explained it in one paragraph how hard it is for you to be a seahawk fan. That's so sad!

I'm going into the season with high expectations. But the real fun of it is the journey. The highs and the lows of the season Its srory book man......The soda can dents in my 80 inch TV from my wife getting pissed off at the refs and then us laughing so hard at her for being so passionate.

I love Seahawk football and I'm really kind of feeling for ya man...I wish you enjoyed it as much as the rest of us.....

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LOL. You just explained it in one paragraph how hard it is for you to be a seahawk fan. That's so sad!

I'm going into the season with high expectations. But the real fun of it is the journey. The highs and the lows of the season Its srory book man......The soda can dents in my 80 inch TV from my wife getting pissed off at the refs and then us laughing so hard at her for being so passionate.

I love Seahawk football and I'm really kind of feeling for ya man...I wish you enjoyed it as much as the rest of us.....

LTH

I enjoy it immensely. I just don’t have high expectations like you.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Being in NFC, we have a better chance, but we need to get home field advantage for the entire playoffs. AFC is still more talented as it stands now. I am hoping Geno wins us some close ones and become elite along with our defense slowly taking shape. Just a dream at the moment but hope it comes to life.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'd say 1 or 2 years I'm not a Geno fan but I think he's Hasselbeck level so it's possible. But I'd much prefer in with the new out with old.....too obvious?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I have to watch a coach and quarterback that actually are elite every week. SO STOP ******* AROUND ALREADY. TOO MEAN?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I've always thought Pete needs a total compete team to actually be relevant but Andy Reid wins with an actual quarterback and top 15-20 defense and Belicheck with a top 15 quarterback he would kill for Geno.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
At the vary least Jody needs to sell the team and Pete needs to have less power immediately.

Unless you all accept 9-8/8-9 forever?

Optimus25

Reaction score
HolyCatfish this is a hot take.

Have you ever looked at what this team has actually accomplished under PC?
If you have did you happen to compare it to every other NFL team during the same timeframe.

I get frustrated too but ……
It’s not too far from reality though. Pete has proven the ability to have an innovative take on roster builds, but an amazingly stubborn take on game management which is centered on playing with the cards close to the vest and forcing virtually every game to hinge on some incredibly vital plays. This is tough sledding when you are outmatched by the san frans and phillys of the league who have playmakers at every level of the roster.

Secondly, his clock management and challenges seem to my recollection less than optimal in critical situations and also he seems to thrive off energy and mojo ra ra, which has its perks but sometimes football is just simply won by the belichicks who see the game five moves ahead instead of relying on destiny and things/players/circumstances/positivity to all align like 2013.

He’s got pros, he’s got cons. I’m not sure the original comment isn’t wrong, but i would love to see Pete shed the past and evolve.

We hang with great teams, we almost lose to the rams playing backups to the backups. Petes teams seem to always upset or nearly upset and then get upset or nearly get upset.

I think this season more than ever quantifies Pete Carroll. He’s seasoned and been there done that He has talent on both sides. He has an established QB. He’s up against great odds and it’s time to cook or get out of the kitchen because these rising stars will either need greatness from him or we need the new guy implementing his system asap.

GemCity

Reaction score

LTH
This..is….awesome. There’s so much in these few words….

The fun IS in the journey.