How close are the Seahawks to a Superbowl run?

Rainger

Reaction score
I think we are closer than we think. Of course we can only guess, but all things being equal (i.e. no massive injury bug, etc), and how JS/PC are killing it lately with the Post Wilson Era retooling, I would put the Seahawks back in the big game within 3 to 5 years, possibly even sooner.

Pete with all of his youthful energy, knows his time is coming to an end. Nobody wants to prove he can win another championship more than he does.

God willing, I will get the luxury to witness another Lombardi in my lifetime. I think they are building the team precisely in the way that can see that happen. My best guess is within 3-5 years.
I am more optimistic. I think in the next 2 years, deep this year in the SB the following year, depending of course on schedule, getting home field advantage in the champ game etc.

Rainger

Reaction score
Assuming 2024 off-season is as good as 2022 & 2023:

Slim chance in 2024. If Geno improves then the window is wide open as long as Geno's play remains elevated. I don't see much chance of this.

I really think we need to get a QBOTF in 2024, unless the coaches have actually fixed Lock's head. To have a realistic shot at a SB win, the Seahawks need a better QB than Geno's current performance level.
Couldn't disagree more. Geno's play is better than RW was in our two superbowls, his play is a good as Stafford the year they won, his play is better than Nick Foles when philly won.

I know I can go back and find a lot of SB champions that had qb's no better than Geno. Anyone could have QB'ed the SB 48 and won. That was all run, D and special teams.

Yes for a long run at the SB for many years we need a QBOTF BUT right now Geno is good enough to win a SB with the right parts on the team.

renofox

Reaction score
Trent Differ disagrees with you!

Just saying.
We need a lot more elite players to make this an elite defense.

It could conceivably get there by the 2025 season, but that's long odds.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Still think Seattle is one more draft away. However if last year's crop takes the strides they're expected to make, and this year's batch go off, there is no telling g what could happen. Maybe Seattle catches fire in a bottle, but that could literally be said for every team.

The defense is still the defense (bad) until proven otherwise. For me, it all comes down to the Def.

Last edited:

renofox

Reaction score
Couldn't disagree more. Geno's play is better than RW was in our two superbowls, his play is a good as Stafford the year they won, his play is better than Nick Foles when philly won.

I know I can go back and find a lot of SB champions that had qb's no better than Geno. Anyone could have QB'ed the SB 48 and won. That was all run, D and special teams.

Yes for a long run at the SB for many years we need a QBOTF BUT right now Geno is good enough to win a SB with the right parts on the team.
2nd half 2022 Geno with KW9 was nowhere near 2023 with RW and Lynch (synergy is a thing).

To win a SB on the back of a defense means the team had an elite defense. We don't have those parts. How many elite game-changers do we have? Maybe Woolen but he's not there yet - he blew several coverages (that people here blamed on Barton but were confirmed as on Woolen during subsequent press conferences). He'll probably become a top CB and several other young defenders may get there, but I think we need to quit confusing potentiality with current reality.

I'd be happy to see the defense improve from bottom of the barrel to average this year. Elite defense, if it comes, is a year or two away and is still not highly probable.

Rainger

Reaction score
2nd half 2022 Geno with KW9 was nowhere near 2023 with RW and Lynch (synergy is a thing).

To win a SB on the back of a defense means the team had an elite defense. We don't have those parts. How many elite game-changers do we have? Maybe Woolen but he's not there yet - he blew several coverages (that people here blamed on Barton but were confirmed as on Woolen during subsequent press conferences). He'll probably become a top CB and several other young defenders may get there, but I think we need to quit confusing potentiality with current reality.

I'd be happy to see the defense improve from bottom of the barrel to average this year. Elite defense, if it comes, is a year or two away and is still not highly probable.
I don't disagree with much of what you said. What my point is you were saying that there was NO way the Hawks could win a SB before 2025 and it was a SLIM chance for 2024 and that they could not win until they got the "over used" QBOTF.

I was pointing out that the team could easily win in 2024 with an improvement in the D and the backs and O getting a chemistry this year and that Geno is good enough to win a SB without the need for the QBOTF by 2024.

Chawker

Reaction score
This is purely speculation on my part, but with the release of Al Woods and no NT taken in the draft, maybe, just maybe Carroll and Hurtts are wanting to go away from a NT concept. We have enough DEs to throw many different fronts at teams, 4-3 big, 4-3 lite rush or even a 3-4 pass rush. A NT maybe on its way out, and were keeping Mone for goalline situations. It just a thought.

What if we ran a 3 3 5 with a safty playing short middle or in the box.

Cheers

Last edited:

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
A lot of it always boils down to injuries. Which team with good potential manages to stay the healthiest. Say the Seahawks miraculously through the luck of God stay the healthiest of any team in the NFL this year. Even Adams, from start to finish! Even Dissly. They could definitely win the Super Bowl this year.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Not close at all. There will be no Super Bowl run as long as Carroll is still here.
HolyCatfish this is a hot take.

Have you ever looked at what this team has actually accomplished under PC?
If you have did you happen to compare it to every other NFL team during the same timeframe.

I get frustrated too but ……

Last edited:

Rainger

Reaction score
To be fair, he's been candid about that for a good amount of time so at least he's consistent.
Oh I know that. But it is so tiresome. This is a board for Hawk fans. Pete is part of that. Like it or not. He built the team that took Seattle to two SBs and a win. He is attempting to do that again. Instead of trying to bring us all down with hatred he should should just go ..... h...

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Oh I know that. But it is so tiresome. This is a board for Hawk fans. Pete is part of that. Like it or not. He built the team that took Seattle to two SBs and a win. He is attempting to do that again. Instead of trying to bring us all down with hatred he should should just .....
Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with pitt or even like it, it's just come to be expected at this point like a sunrise.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ah it's just his shtick. Grumpy, pessimistic old Uncle sitting in his recliner year after year bah humbug'n away. He maybe perpetually grumpy britches year after year but he's our grumpy britches.

94Smith

Reaction score
We lost a couple maybe 3 games last year that should not have been losses. If the outcome of those games had gone our way the seeding would have been different and who knows, right.
Yeah the 49ers could have beat you at Lumen again rather than Levis again

Rainger

Reaction score
Ah it's just his shtick. Grumpy, pessimistic old Uncle sitting in his recliner year after year bah humbug'n away. He maybe perpetually grumpy britches year after year but he's our grumpy britches.
Yea but just cause I have a grumpy old relative doesn't mean I have to give him the time of day. Better to say to him the grumpy old uncle. Go F yourself.

hoxrox

Reaction score
FWIW, Kiper thinks Seattle could be a SB contender, depending on the run D