Horrific call

renofox

Reaction score
I didn't see clearly but it was pretty close. Looked like Lucas may have still had his hands on the defender when the ball was thrown. If so, bad call.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I dunno. I can't find an angle where I can see Abe at the time of launch. Felt like he hadn't drifted far down and was still locked on his dude.

renofox

Reaction score
They showed the replay and he was way ahead of the LoS. Easy call.
He can be 20 yards downfield as long as he is blocking the entire time he is moving downfield. He can block downfield as long he stops moving downfield when the man he is blocking disengages.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
DJ screwed up our chance to get back into this game. THROWS a pick in the redzone.
DJ?! How about the guy who called it? Putting a 3rd string RB in to throw a TD is absurd. We need solid play, not gimmicks. Let the offense get it's footing and let the position players play their positions.

notyou

Reaction score
9er shoved a guy into lockett. Not lockets fault

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't even know, man. Think Lockett called for a fair catch, but the letter of the law reads like it only applied to contact from a player on the kicking team. I'd look into it more, but I don't feel like reading the rulebook. Sucks regardless.

Slick

Reaction score
Something didn’t go right the returners job is to tell guys to clear so either lock didn’t tell the guy or the guy didn’t hear him or the guy didn’t do his job