Here's how I look at the last 2 games.....

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
I was talking to a friend of mine and told him how I hate night games. Always have, always will. Even when the Seahawks are playing , i don't like them!!

That said, the last 2 games we played were both at night on the road separated by 11 days!!

Is it any wonder we didn't play our best at the Rams...??

I'll take those 2 wins on the road every season and I don't care how they are won because I know that when the Seahawks get back into a normal routine to play on Sundays, things will be better!

With a healthy O-line and Harvin ready to play, plus our only real tough games are with the 49'ers and Saints, I see good days ahead.

I'm not saying the other games will be easy wins, but they are easily winnable!!!

hawk45

Reaction score
Fuddhawk":e17wtfiz said:
I was talking to a friend of mine and told him how I hate night games. Always have, always will. Even when the Seahawks are playing , i don't like them!!

That said, the last 2 games we played were both at night on the road separated by 11 days!!

Is it any wonder we didn't play our best at the Rams...??

I'll take those 2 wins on the road every season and I don't care how they are won because I know that when the Seahawks get back into a normal routine to play on Sundays, things will be better!

With a healthy O-line and Harvin ready to play, plus our only real tough games are with the 49'ers and Saints, I see good days ahead.

I'm not saying the other games will be easy wins, but they are easily winnable!!!

Eh...I'll take night games with plenty of rest in between every day over 10am starts or starts with too little rest in between. We get plenty of (what I think is legitimate) complaints about the 10am starts, we can't swing to the other end of the spectrum and start complaining about night games as well. FFS, soon we'll be using "games played on sunday" or "games where we start off facing west" as excuses.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
Firstly, I was expecting some epic pictures of you dressed up in your best hawks fan gear, cheering your head off at a the game. The thread title threw me off. ;)

Secondly, I believe too much is made of this idea that scheduling and timing of the games can be a significant detriment to a team. Most of the ex NFL players that are now talking heads seem to dismiss the idea as well. Game time could be 2am for a pro athlete and they'll be fully pumped up, awake and ready.

I think if anything, the new stadiums weather has more of an effect than game time. Look at Marshawn, he grew up in Oakland and has never made a snow angel or thrown a snowball! I fear father winter this season more than anything.

Rocket

Reaction score
Fuddhawk":2tkm1f8q said:
Yet we have neither... how far ahead can you see? :shock:

Riley12

Reaction score
I love night games, especially those that would otherwise land at 10 AM Pacific.

The 'problem', or challenge, of the last two games is that they were road games against division opponents, probably the
toughest games on any NFL schedule and even tougher now that the NFC West isn't the league doormat anymore.

The Radish

Reaction score
Wait,,,,,,,,is this the real fuddhawk? The

LONG LIVE MIKE HOLMGREN! fuddhawk?

If so then continue.

:th2thumbs:

OP
OP
F

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
Riley12":3kkyfqjs said:
I love night games, especially those that would otherwise land at 10 AM Pacific.

The 'problem', or challenge, of the last two games is that they were road games against division opponents, probably the
toughest games on any NFL schedule and even tougher now that the NFC West isn't the league doormat anymore.

The one and the same, Les!!

OP
OP
F

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
HolyCatfish":ukzqr49c said:
Firstly, I was expecting some epic pictures of you dressed up in your best hawks fan gear, cheering your head off at a the game. The thread title through me off. ;)

Secondly, I believe too much is made of this idea that scheduling and timing of the games can be a significant detriment to a team. Most of the ex NFL players that are now talking heads seem to dismiss the idea as well. Game time could be 2am for a pro athlete and they'll be fully pumped up, awake and ready.

I think if anything, the new stadiums weather has more of an effect than game time. Look at Marshawn, he grew up in Oakland and has never made a snow angel or thrown a snowball! I fear father winter this season more than anything.

I said I don't like night games...didn't say the Seahawks do or any other fans have to either.

I live on the East Coast and night games suck here. Remember, those games don't start "late" for you on the west coat.

If you think 2 night games in a row with 11 days in between didn't hurt the Seahawks last game, you are fooling yourself or you didn't watch the game.

I also hate games after a bye week!

Give me regular, every week, Sunday games...screw the rest..it's all for TV money anyway.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
Fuddhawk":ahbxdqmk said:
HolyCatfish":ahbxdqmk said:
Firstly, I was expecting some epic pictures of you dressed up in your best hawks fan gear, cheering your head off at a the game. The thread title through me off. ;)

I said I don't like night games...didn't say the Seahawks do or any other fans have to either.

I live on the East Coast and night games suck here. Remember, those games don't start "late" for you on the west coat.

If you think 2 night games in a row with 11 days in between didn't hurt the Seahawks last game, you are fooling yourself or you didn't watch the game.

I also hate games after a bye week!

Give me regular, every week, Sunday games...screw the rest..it's all for TV money anyway.

I'm following you. You're saying you hate them personally. I'm all for more football and hate bye weeks too.

Still not buying the idea that the bye week was the cause of our misery in St Louis. Face it, the Rams just had our number that game. With our beat up Offending-line and the Rams near the top of teams that can bring the pressure, they were like tailor made to give us heart ache that game.

I'd be more concerned with the Hawks seeming inability to adjust rather than blaming the bye.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I can see the argument where a night road game could be tough because of the early road games and the difference in schedule. The body clock is nothing to sneeze at and fortunately had been taken in to account by our head coach. I think Petes approach to early east cost games is the difference in our road win percentage.

Head coaches seem to think it's a big deal as shown by their changed travel schedules when traveling ear or west. Some even stay an extra week when they have back to back games on the opposing coast.

justafan

Reaction score
The games we look at as easy games cause me more stress than the tough games do.Every team we play seems to be amped up and playing over their heads.