Hawks work out a fourth qb

sutz

Reaction score
Schneider is always looking around for talent. I doubt we carry 4 QBs, but having this guy's number on file is good going forward. Emergencies do hapen, dog forbid.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Schneider is always looking around for talent. I doubt we carry 4 QBs, but having this guy's number on file is good going forward. Emergencies do hapen, dog forbid.
I don't think we carry 4 either, but it would be just like Pete and John to bring in another quarterback to compete for that third slot.

Even if we don't sign anyone, I know they like to bring guys in so they know who they want to call should a need arise.

Either way, we all know that John is going to always stay on top of possible talent for us both for today and in the future.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I’d be surprised if we carry 3 on the roster plus one on the ps as the Niners did and probably will continue to do.

For the Niners, it makes sense. No one knows what Trey Lance can do, and every Shan qb since 2017 has been sidelined by injury. What happened to bp was going To happen to the Niners more than anyone just Based on History.

The reasons teams should roster 3 is for this reason or to protect a drafted rookie.

BigMeach

Reaction score
If we can carry an extra man that can only be filled by a QB then we're going to do just that. It'd be stupid not to.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
It’s kind of a stupid rule to begin with. Teams always had the option to go with 3 quarterbacks and chose 2 for another roster spot. This should be called the bust rule. If you draft a bust like Trey Lance or Tim Couch, you can put him on the scout team/practice squad and activate him on game day as the emergency quarterback without it counting against the 53 man roster

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If we can carry an extra man that can only be filled by a QB then we're going to do just that. It'd be stupid not to.

It costs a roster spot to utilize the rule, and about half of teams would rather spend that spot elsewhere, including, historically, us.