Hawks to bring in two lbs

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Hells yes. Sign them both if you can.
Ummm maybe not....Simmons looks good per PFF, especially the last two years where he's graded out 67.9 and 68.9 respectively but White has never graded out over 51.9 in his 5 seasons and has been graded as low as 36.2 (2021). I hope White is a depth move and the Hawks plan to draft an ILB.

Rat

Reaction score
This report was out last night. I don't know if he was wrong or if something changed since then.

Simmons is awful. Hyped as a jack of all trades, turned out to not be good at any of them. I'm all for reclamation projects, so I'm OK if the price isn't too much, but I hope he wouldn't be signed with the thought that he's going to be the answer for anything.

GemCity

Reaction score
Also - I'll admit - for a split second when I first read the thread title without LB being capitalized - my mind translated "Hawks to bring in two pounds" o_O
I should read previous posts…

Beat me to it.

JPatera76

Reaction score
This report was out last night. I don't know if he was wrong or if something changed since then.

Simmons is awful. Hyped as a jack of all trades, turned out to not be good at any of them. I'm all for reclamation projects, so I'm OK if the price isn't too much, but I hope he wouldn't be signed with the thought that he's going to be the answer for anything.

I think that dude just kind of goes with what’s logical but makes the same assumptions like “aiyuk following the jaguars and players”.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
No offense, but I couldn't give two sh*** about PFF.
PFF may not be the be all end all of player grading but it does give you an idea of how good a player is if you look at more than just the grades for one year. What else do we have to get an idea of how the players are performing without watching hours of game tape? I know some people rip on PFF with the "scheme" argument but they're mostly looking at fundamentals like blocking, tackling or coverage and those things aren't really reliant on scheme.