GU basketball 2022-2023 season

SonicHawk

Reaction score
GU about to play 3 purple teams in a row. I don't see them beating Kansas, but Elite 8 should be attainable.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Zags on to the next round but Grand Canyon was a gritty team

Crizilla

Reaction score
TCU is battle tested. Will be a tough one but zags will come through

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Our guard play is really depressing. If we had any of the last few years team I would be very hopeful of a championship. It was obvious from the start of the season and it hasn't changed.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Our guard play is really depressing. If we had any of the last few years team I would be very hopeful of a championship. It was obvious from the start of the season and it hasn't changed.
I haven't watched much Zags this year ... and I was shocked how bad the guards looked. All the PG does is get the ball up court and then let Timme run the offense from the high post --- which is pretty effective, but not going to get them past the sweet 16.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
They played great against Saint Mary’s and Grand Canyon wasn’t bad but TCU provides a better challenge and a good matchup for our guards and Drew Timme down low. Watson needs to toughen up on the block. Bolton and Strawther should be able to go off from the perimeter. I like the Zags by 12

Ruminator

Reaction score
The left basket was superior. Gonzaga got it in the second half, so took advantage. There was something seriously wrong with the right basket.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Zags will play zone I think and force a poor TCU 3pt shooting to beat them. I think TCU is ranked in the 300s. They will have to slow down Miles as well.

Tcu is small on the frontcourt. I believe 6'7 is the tallest.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Bolton 1-7 to start the game. He stunk it up in last years NCAA tourney loss to ARK too. SUB HIM FEW WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Gameplan is fine just missing shots/free throws as usual.

Last edited: