Great article on the churn that is currently taking place

Hawknight

Reaction score
Address the trenches ought to be a priority, if Pete Carroll was successful in doing so, he might still be coaching.
Maybe everything we have done so far is because of Pete's advice..he is the Seahawks advisor you know 😆

sutz

Reaction score
The story I liked was the one about QBs and how misused they are. Do you seriously want to pick a QB at one after reading this?
Srsly, it's why I usually ignore all of the QB hype every year. Probably better off drafting QB in the later rounds and working them for a couple of years. 🤷‍♂️

Cue all of the fantasy football types telling me how we need our "QBOTF" right friggin' now. :LOL:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Yes! If the Bears can’t trade down with the Seahawks for Powers-Johnson, then I want him at #16.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Srsly, it's why I usually ignore all of the QB hype every year. Probably better off drafting QB in the later rounds and working them for a couple of years. 🤷‍♂️

Cue all of the fantasy football types telling me how we need our "QBOTF" right friggin' now. :LOL:
The NFL has a seriously broken business model when it comes to player development. The new semi-pro league that is college football doesn't do enough to develop it's talent. Speaking of college football, doesn't anyone realize it's becoming a pro league to rival the NFL? The best American sports league at developing talent is MLS. I still think they have an outstanding shot at dethroning the NFL, notwithstanding their idiotic TV contract. Not expanding the NFL and refusing to start a minor league is going to seriously hurt the NFL in the future. Those massive TV contracts these leagues are used to is going to go away.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score

The money move is to get a proven one like we did with howel. Undrafted rookies are %100 question marks, in spite of the hype.

Chawker

Reaction score
Left guard has everybody thinking first round, and it is a need, yet I think they go BPA in round one. Trading down half dozen spots to acquire a second round pick should be the plan. Drafting a guard in round two or three can have good value.

Cheers

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Left guard has everybody thinking first round, and it is a need, yet I think they go BPA in round one. Trading down half dozen spots to acquire a second round pick should be the plan. Drafting a guard in round two or three can have good value.

Cheers
Powers-Johnson will probably be gone in the first round to Steelers or Cowboys. So waiting to second or third round to draft C/G depends on whether you see a small or large gap between him and Frazier and others who will be on the board in the second round and maybe third, if you don’t mind the risk waiting that long and missing the top-3.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The story I liked was the one about QBs and how misused they are. Do you seriously want to pick a QB at one after reading this?
This is a great article.
The fact that Mike Macdonald, & Ryan Grubb are actually starting from scratch, maybe, just maybe they will build to the strengths of whichever of the Quarterbacks they have on the roster, and see as who best fits their Offensive schemes....Lot's of talent but not all the puzzle pieces will fit together, & as we all know, Team Chemistry doesn't happen overnight, and then there are the injuries that almost always changes the best laid plans.

GemCity

Reaction score
That is a great article. How many teams have we seen break the bank and/or “…draw blood from a stone”?

For awhile, the process was to have a good enough QB on a rookie contract to strike while the irons hot. What the hell…

I’m not sure what the fix/answer is but, I think teams need more leverage to hold onto good players once they’ve developed (talking drafted players—rookies).

I need to get a bit more educated here as the NFL salary cap is a bit confusing to me. To be honest, I’ve never invested time into learning more about it…but, player contracts should be capped (if they aren’t already). It’s almost as if the most successful teams either get extremely lucky in the draft or they have the best financial managers in the game.

I’m rambling…player development and retention does seem ‘broken’ to me.

chris98251

Reaction score
Draft evaluating can be lucky, good teams just do it well and a good cap guy is worth twice the salary he earns with a team, we have been lucky that way most our time in the league except during the Behring years especially, had some great Cap guys and evaluators.